NTSE Sample Questions 2016-17 : Scholastic Aptitude Test (Delhi Zone)
101. The distance travelled by a body falling freely from rest in 2nd, 3rd and 5th second of its motion are in the ratio
(1) 7 : 5 : 3 (2) 3 : 5 : 7
(3) 5 : 3 : 7 (4) 5 : 7 : 3
102. Two extremes ends of a moving train (engine and guard coach) pass a pole with speeds U and V respectively with a constant acceleration. The speed with which the middle point of the train will pass the same pole is
103. An athlete completes one round of circular track of radius r in 30s with uniform speed. The ratio of distance to the displacement traveled by the athlete at the end of 45s is
104. Five resistances of same value ‘x’ are joined in an electric circuit as shown in figure. The equivalent resistance between ends P and Q is 3Ω . The value of x
105. A bomb of mass 9 kg initially at rest explodes into two pieces of masses 3 kg and 6 kg. If the kinetic energy of 3 kg mass is 216J, then the velocity of 6kg mass will be
(1) 4 m/s (2) 3 m/s
(3) 2 m/s (4) 6 m/s
106. A glass rod is rubbed with silk, is found positively charged. This is because
(1) Electrons are transferred from glass rod to silk.
(2) Electrons are transferred from silk to glass rod.
(3) Protons are transferred from glass rod to silk
(4) Protons are transferred from silk to glass rod
107. A ship rises up as it enters the sea from a river because
(1) Sea water is harder than river water
(2) Density of sea water is lesser than river water
(3) Large quantity of sea water pushes ship up
(4) Density of sea water is greater than river water
108. Which are of the following represents the correct graph between L and T2 in simple pendulum?