CBSE Class-12 Question Papers for IOP/Comptt Examination 2017
All India Scheme, (Business Studies)
CBSE Class-12 Question Papers for IOP/Cmptt Examination : Business Studies (Set-1)
Time allowed : 3 hours
Maximum Marks : 80
General Instructions :
(i) Answers to questions carrying 1 mark may be from one word to one sentence.
(ii) Answers to questions carrying 3 marks may be from 50-75 words.
(iii) Answers to questions carrying 4-5 marks may be about 150 words.
(iv) Answers to questions carrying 6 marks may be about 200 words.
(v) Attempt all parts of a questions together.
1. Satvik is the finance manager of Mars Ltd. He is facing difficulty in deciding the amount of profit earned by the company that should be distributed as dividend to the shareholders. In the current year the company earned high profit. However, Satvik
thinks that it is better to declare higher dividend as he is sure about the earning potential of the company in the coming years. Name the factor that affected Satvik’s choice regarding dividend decision.
2. Amar, the marketing manager of Narmada Garments Ltd. allows the salesmen working under him to freely express their frank opinion and feelings regarding work related matters before him. Identify the organisational barrier to communication that has been overcome becauseof Amar’s behaviour.
3. Give the meaning of leadership.
4. Seema, a student of management likes to relate what she learnt in class to real life situations. She observed many situations while watching educational programmes on television that reminded her the concepts of Scientific Management. In one such
programme, factories manufacturing components for products like automobiles, computers and mobile phones were shown. Name the concept of Scientific Management that should be adhered to, while manufacturing components for such products.
5. How do principles of management provide managers with useful insights in real world situations ? State.
6. What is meant by ‘Call Money’ ?
7. How does ‘Technical upgradation’ affect the fixed capital requirement of an organisation ? State.
8. On the introduction of ‘Goods and Services Tax Act’, experts in the field of business started analysing and forecasting its impact on various sectors and industries. Arun, an stablished businessman, attended a few seminars and conferences organised by such experts to familiarize himself with this information. He wanted to use these forecasts and conjectures to reduce the uncertainty in making decisions for the future in his business. Name the step in the planning process that is being discussed in the above paragraph.
9. State any three limitations of external sources of recruitment.
10. Explain the following methods of training :
(i) Vestibule Training; and
(ii) Internship Training.
11. Miracle Ltd. deals in the sale of stationery and office furniture. They source the finished products from reputed brands who give them four to six months credit. Because of increase in the demand for electronic items, they are planning to sell these
items also. For this, they have decided to join hands with a Japanese electronic goods manufacturer, to open sales outlets throughout India. State any three factors affecting working capital requirement of Miracle Ltd. other than the factors discussed above.
12. Differentiate between Capital Market and Money Market on the basis of :
(ii) Instruments; and
(iii) Expected Return.