(Download) CBSE Class-12 Sample Paper (Home Science) 2014-15
TIME: 3 HRS
There are 25 general questions.
Question nos. 1-6 are very short answer questions
carrying 1 mark each. Answer to these questions shouldin one or two lines.
Question nos. 7-13 are short answer-I questions carrying
2 marks each. Answer to these questions should not exceed 10 - 20 words.
Question nos. 14 and 15 are case study based and picture
based questions carrying 3 marks each .Answer to these questions should not
exceed 20 - 30 words.\
Question nos. 16-21 are long answer questions carrying 4
marks each.Answer to these questions should not exceed 30 - 40 words.
Question nos. 22- 25are long answer questions carrying 5
marks each.Answer to these questions should not exceed 40 - 50 words.
Support your answer with suitable examples wherever
All questions are compulsory.
1. Bahadur lives in a village. Write the two advantages that
you will tell him about the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee
Act (MGNREGA). 
2. Write the difference between growth and development. 
3. Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) has recently
revised the recommended daily allowances (RDA) for certain nutrients. What is
the revised calcium requirement for a normal and apregnant woman? 
4. Give two reasons to maintain the household account by a
5. State two reasons to justify the price of a costly fabric.
6. Sudha has studied Home Science in class XII as one of the
subjects. She wants to pursue further education in the same field. Suggest her
any two options for the same. 
7. Identify any four physical changes in adolescent girls and
8. You are in class XII. Write four tasks you will be
required to perform to adjust better in the next stage (early/young
9. Culture, media, food practices and food availability have
a strong influence on the meal planning of a family. Support this statement with
the help of one example each. 
10. Analyse any four conditions on the basis of which the
entire lot of apple jam can be declared as adulterated by Food Safety and
Standard Association of India (FSSAI). 
11. Write two advantages each of recurring savings scheme of
bank and Public Provident Fund (PPF) scheme. 
12. Your school dress shirt is white and got stained by oil
poured out from your tiffin box. How will you remove it? \\
13. Write four features of Development of Women and Children
in Rural Area (DWACRA) scheme. 
14. During rainy season almost everyone in a specific
locality suffers from stomach ailments.You have suggested them to use chlorine
tablets to make water safe for drinking. Write the method and give two reasons
for your suggestion. Also write two precautionary measures while using these
15. Seemaloves to eat but ofteninduces herselfto throwup her
meals. What do you think she is suffering from? If she continues, what could
bethe repercussions? How can she be helped? 
16. Your father spentRs. one lakh on his mother’s medical
expenses. Convince him to buy a mediclaim policy for his whole family with its
eight salient features. 
17. Rajesh works as a clerk. His son studies in a
professional college. He finds it hard to meet their monthly expenses. In what
four wayscan his son help in reducing his own expensesand use his skills to
increase their real income? 
18. Sudha buys vegetables from nearby market. Alert heron at
least four ways the vendor may adopt to cheat her. Write four of her
responsibilities as an aware consumer? 
19. Suggest an appropriate dress, keeping in mind elements of
art and principles of design to suit your friend who is tall, heavy and fair.
20. You have to store properly the woollen and silk clothes
as these are no more suitable to wear due to the nature of weather. Suggest four
points to store for each of them. 
21. Give four suggestions from the area of Nutrition and
Human Development to justify that knowledge of Home Science can lead to self
22. The ‘adulthood is divided into three stages: young,
middle and old.
i) What are the major differences in terms of developmental
ii) How does career take shape from young adulthood to middle adulthood? 
23. Meera is a lactating mother who has been served potato
pakoras and imli chutney for evening tea. Analyse this meal and modify it to
meet her nutritional needs. Justify the modification with appropriate reasons.
24. Define meal planning. Why is it important to plan meals
for a family? Give two reasons. Mention four factors to be considered while
planning meals for an infant? 
25. You want to buy a dress for your farewell party. What
will be the major aspects to be checked before buying it? Explain those by
giving appropriate reasons.