(Download) CBSE Class-12 2016-17 Sample Paper And Marking
Scheme (Mass Media Studies)
Maximum Marks: 80
Time Allowed : 3 Hours
(i) All questions are compulsory.
(ii) Marks for each question are indicated against it.
(iii) Answers should be brief and to the point.
(iv) PART- A has 8 Very Short Answer type carrying one mark each. Answer to each
question should not exceed 20 words.
(v) Questions 9 to13 in PART- B are Short Answer Type I questions carrying 3
marks each. Answer to each question should be about 40-50 words.
(vi) Questions 14 to 19 in PART- C are Short Answer Type II questions carrying 4
marks each. Answer to each question should be about 60-80 words.
(vii) Questions 20 to 22 in PART- D are Long Answer Type questions carrying 5
marks each. Answer to each question should be about 100-150 words.
(viii) Questions 23 and 25 in PART- E are Essay Answer Type questions carrying 6
marks each. Answer to each question should be about 150-200 words.
PART – A
1. What are the two distinct stages of message transmission
in the two step flow theory?
2. W hat are folktales?
3. According to Majid Tehranian what are the three megatrends
that characterize the 21st century?
4. State any two differences between the works of Lumiere
Brothers and Georges Melies.
5. What is understood by genres in films?
6. What is Mis en scene?
7. What is multimedia?
8. What is ‘Comparative Advertising’?
9. Briefly explain the two broad categories of a newspaper
format giving suitable examples.
10. Are online versions of newspapers a profitable enterprise
in India? Why do you think so?
11. What are the uses of multimedia?
12. Write a brief note on Vividh Bharati Services.
13. What were the technological factors that facilitated the
growth and development of press.
14. What do you understand by the terms: Yellow Journalism,
Chequebook Journalism, Sting Journalism and Page 3 Journalism?
15. Explain the difference between analogue and digital
16. Imagine you are a newspaper journalist. You have to
interview the Police Commissioner of your state about “Safety of Women”. Frame
five chronological questions to ask him/her.
17. According to Jerome Bruner what are the important
characteristics of a narrative.
18. Describe some of the recent forms of advertising.
19. What is quota sampling? Do you agree that the quota
sampling is more reflective of the entire group? Cite reasons in favour of your
20. Critically analyse the audience theories of mass media.
21. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of advertising
in different forms of media.
22. Discuss any five points involved in the process of
adaptation of cinema.
23. Why cinema is called the mother of all arts? Elucidate
24. "The portrayal of women in the Indian media oscillates in
heaps of different shades". Explain.
25. Describe the various computer hardware that are required
to create multimedia projects.
Write briefly on any four softwares that can be used in
developing a multimedia project.