(Download) NIOS Question Paper Of History Senior Secondary
Time : Three Hours
Maximum Marks : 80
(i) All questions are compulsory . Marks are indicated
against each question.
(ii) Answer Question Nos. 1 to 4 in not more than 20 words each. Question Nos. 5
to 12 in not more than 80 words each and Question Nos. 13 to 17 in not more than
200 words each.
(iii) place the map inside your answer book and bag it properly so that it is
not detached in handling .
(iv) Write your Roll No. on the Map and also the part you are answering –either
Ancient or Medieval or Modern India.
1. What are the two major division of the Christian Church? 2
2. State the different between Chauth and Sardeshmukhi. 2
3. Where and why did Akbar built the ‘buland Darwaza’?
4. Why has Kashmir become a disputed problem between India and Pakistan. 2
5. Mention three differences between the Harppan culture and the contemporary
culture of west Asia.
“The Grihastha ashrama was the most important stage in a
person’s life” Explain .
6. State the three main different between Jainism and
Identify three main factors that led to the establishment of
7. “ Balban was one of the mian architects of the Delhi
Sultanate .” Give three evidences
“Muhammad –bin Tughlaq transferred his capital due to several
reasons .” Mention three reasons.
8. How can you say that the invasion of Timur gave a blow to
the Delhi sultanate? 3
Give three cause of the downfall of the Vijayanagar empire
9. Identify three lasting reforms of Sher Shah Suri 3
Trace three main features of architecture during Shahjahan’s
reign 10. Mention three main features of Akbar’s Rajput Policy. 3.
State three main factors which led to the annexation of
Bijapur and Golconda by Aurangzeb.
11. “When an Indian State signed a Subsidiary Alliance, lit
virtually signed away its independence.” Why?
How did the British drain India’s wealth to England ? Give
three measures adopted by them.
12. State three objectives of the Theosophical Society.
Mention three measures taken by the social reformers to
uplift the position of women in Indian society.
13. How was the social and religious life of the people under
the Guptas affected by the revival of Brahmanism?
Assess the contribution of Ashok which made him a unique
14. Evaluate the contribution of Indians in the fields of
sculpture and architecture
Assess the contribution of ancient Indians in the fields in
sculpture and architecture
15. Trace the main features of the social the during the
Mughal period .
State the salient features of Mughal painting .
16. How did Gandhiji convent the national movement into a
mass movement ?
Discuss the changes in the army organisation and in the
public services after 1857.
17. Evaluate the role of Lala Lajpat Rai or Annie Basant in
the freedom struggle.
“ Planning has resulted in the significance growth of Indian
economy. “ Justify.
18. On the given outline map of India show the following:
(1) Ancient India :
Lothal, Lumini, Rajgir, Pragyag, Bairat, Sanchi, Tanjor and Madura
(2) Medieval India :
Ajmer, amber, Aurangabad, Chittor, Fatehpur-Sikri, Multan,lPanipat and
(3) Modern India :
(4) The boundaries of the British Empire in 1856
(5) Arcot , barrckpre, Lucknow, Fort William, Pondicherry, Nagpur, Setra and
For Blind Candidates
Note : Q. No. 19 is in lieu of Q.No. 18, only for
19. Describe the role of ‘Quit India Movement ‘ in the freedom struggle.
Describe the role of Jawaharlal Nehru in the freedom