CBSE Class XI : Business Studies
Exam Paper Year 2009 (Bihar)
- Time : 3 Hrs. + 15 Minute (Extra)
- Total Marks : 100
i. All Questions are compulsory
ii. There is No negative marking for any wrong answer.
iii. Questions are in two sections.
iv. There are internal options is some of the long answer type questions. In
such questions you have to answer any one of the alternative.
v. Answer should be in your own language.
vi. No electronic gadgets like calculator, call phone, pager are allowed during
vii. The answer of objective type question is to be given on supplied OMR sheet
by completely darkling the appropriate answer option. For example if answer is
(c) the you should fill it as shown by blue/black pen
Instruction : Q. No. 1 to 25 : In the following questions there are
only one correct answer. You have to choose that correct answer.
1. Which of the following is not a economic activity?
(a) Production of goods (b) Trading in goods
(c) Professional service (d) Social service
2. Identify the activity which is not an auxiliary to
(a) Banking (b) Warehousing
(c) Insurance (d) Mining
3. Identify the type of organization which ensures
separation of ownership and management:
(a) Sole proprietorship (b) Partnership
(c) Company (d) None of the above
4. Which of the following is not governed by a specific
(a) Sole proprietorship (b) Partnership
(c) Company (d) Cooperative Society
5. Profit are not shared in case of :
(a) Company (b) Cooperative Society
(c) Sole Proprietorship (d) Partnership
6. The head of the joint Hindu Family business is known
(a) Proprietor (b) Manager
(c) Karta (d) Executive Director
7. Which of the following is not a form of organizing
public sector enterprises ?
(a) Department undertaking (b) Government company
(c) Statutory corporation (d) Sole proprietorship
8. Which of the following is not a feature of a global
(a) Its operation ate spread out in several countries
(b) Its attempts to maximize profits world over.
(c) It is of huge size and has control over large assets.
(d) It operates on a small scale.
9. Exim bank is a:
(a) Commercial bank (b) Cooperative bank
(c) Development bank (d) Specialized bank
10. In case of life Insurance, insurable interest must
exist at the of
(a) taking the policy (b) death
(c) (a) and (b) both (d) Neither (a) nor (b)
11. Place utility is created by :
(a) Transportation (b) Ware housing
(c) Communication (d) None of the above
12. Which of the following statements is not true?
(a) The sole aim of business is to earn profit by fair or foul means
(b) There is a strong case for the business to fulfill its social
(c) Ethics is good business
(d) Black marketing of goods is an unethical practice.
13. Which of the following business practice is ethical?
(a) Adulteration of goods
(b) Sale of duplicate goods under popular brand names
(c) Exploitation of workers
(d) Honesty in dealing with the consumers.
14. The objects of the company are specific by
(a) Articles of Association (b) Memorandum of Association
(c) Prospectus (d) Certificate of incorporation
15. Qualification shares are subscribed by:
(a) Directors of the company (b) Auditors of the company
(c) Bankers of the company (d) Employees of the company
16. What are the equity shareholders called ?
(a) Owners of the company (b) Partners of the company
(c) Patrons of the company (d) Managers of the company
17. The term redeemable is used for .
(a) Preference share (b) Debentures
(c) Equity shares (d) Both (a) & (b)
18. ADRs can be issued in:
(a) Europe (b) USA
(c) Canada (d) All the above
19. Measures taken by the Government to support small
(a) Protective measures (b) Incentive
(c) Institutional measures (d) all the above
20. Which of the following is not a type of a itinerant
(a) Hawkers (b) Street traders
(c) Cheap jaks (d) Street stalls /shops
21. Which of the following does not come under the
category of fixed shop retailers?
(a) General stores (b) Departmental stores
(c) Hawkers and peddlers (d) Chain stores
22. In foreign trade, in term c.i.f (CIF) stand for :
(a) Cost (b) Cost and Freight
(c) Cost and Insurance (d) Cost, Insurance, Freight
23. Who announces the exam policy or Foreign Trade policy
(a) Central Government (b) State Government
(c) Chamber of commerce (d) World Trade organization
24. When a company sets up a new entity in cooperation
with another company in Foreign Country, this arrangement is known as :
(a) Franchising (b) Licensing
(c) Joint venture (d) Contract manufacturing
25. Name the institution which is not a part of the world
of not a part of the world Bank Group:
(a) IBRD (b) IMF (c) IDA (d) MIGA
Instructions : Q. No. 26-30 From the two statements are given. You
have choose from the following options :
(a) If both the statements are true and statement- II is the correct
explanation of statement- I
(b) If both the statements are true but statement- II is the not correct
explanation of statement- I
(c) If statements- I is true but statement- II is false
(d) If statements- II is true but statement- I is false
26. Statement- I Insurance provide security against
risk of any kind.
Statement- II Insurance is a contract under which responsibility of
risk is transferred from one party to another party.
27. Statement- I According to Indian partnership Act,
a minor cannot be a partner.
Statement- II He can be made partner in the profits with the
consent of all other partners.
28. Statement-I The registration of the firm is not
Statement-II There can be same difficulties if not getting it
29. Statement-I Internet is a store- house of general
Statement-II We can see our favorite film on the internet.
30. Statement-I A Trader gets a receipt in lieu of
keeping his goods in the bonded warehouse.
Statement- II On the basis of the receipt from the bonded
warehouse, bank loans can be obtained.
Instructions : Q. No. 31-34 there are two columns. You have to match
the correct options of column–I to column–II.
|31. Economic activities
|33. Business Risk
||(c) Road transport
|34. Door to Door service
Answer: 31. (d) 32. (a) 33. (b) 34. (c)
Instruction : Q. No. 35 has following question .there may be more
than one correct answers. You have to mark all the correct options. Marks will
be alloted if all options are correct.
35. (i) Aids to trade are–
(a) Transportation (b) Insurance (c) Banking (d) Retailing
(ii). Partnership deed is a:-
(a) Agreement of voting rights (b) Oral agreement
(c) Written agreement (d) Articles of partnership
(iii) Company is:-
(a) Created by law (b) Register under partnership act 1932
(c) Unlimited liability (d) Registered under companies act 1956
Instructions : Q. No. 35 In there may be more than one correct
answer. You have to marks all the correct answers.
Company is a voluntary organization registered under company Act 1956. For
registration of company memorandum of association, Article of association &
pros- precuts is required. Company raises the fund by issue of equity share,
preference share and debentures as long term finance. The minimum number of
shareholder in a private company is 2 and in public company
7. The maximum
number of shareholders in private company is 50 and in public company unlimited.
(i). The minimum number of share holder in private company is:-
(a) 6 (b) 8 (c) 2 (d) 3
(ii). The maximum number of share holder in private company is:-
(a) 10 (b) 20 (c) 40 (d) 50
(iii). Which of the following document is not essential for
registration of a company:-
(a) Memorandum of association (b) Articles of association
(c) Partnership deed (d) Prospectus
Answer: 35. I. (a, b, c), II. (b, c) III. (a,d) Or I. (c), II. (d), III.
Instruction : Q. No. 1 to 10 are short Answer Type Questions. Every
question is of 3 marks each.
1. Define business?
2. What do you mean by partnership?
3. What is joint sector enterprises?
4. Make three distinction between Life Insurance & fire
5. What is e-commerce?
6. What do you mean by Social Responsibility of Business.
7. Define promoter?
8. Explain the nature of Business Finance.
9. What is equity share?
10. What is SIDBI?
Long Answer questions
Instruction : Q. No. 11-15 are of long answer type Question. Every
question are of 6 marks each.
11. Discuss the various features of the business?
What do you mean by Joint stock company? What are its advantages.
12. Distinguish between partnership and sole trading
Discuss the importance of life insurance?
13. Explain the functions of promoters?
14. What are the merits and demerits of equity sare?
What do you mean by departmental store, discuss it features?
15. Explain the problems of small scale business?
Discuss the procedure of import trade?