- Sample Papers
- Date Sheet
Search Books for CBSE, IIT-JEE Exams
(Syllabus) CBSE Class 12th - Business Studies: Year 2013
(CBSE Class XII) : Business Studies Syllabus
Part A: Principles and Functions of Management
Unit I: Nature and significance of Management (Periods 12)
- Management - concept, objectives and importance
- Management as Science, Art and Profession.
- Levels of management
- Management functions - planning, organising, staffing, directing and controlling.
- Coordination - concept, characteristics and importance.
Unit 2: Principles of Management (Periods 12)
- Principles of Management - concept, nature and significance
- Fayol’s principles of management
- Taylor’s Scientific Management - principles and techniques.
Unit 3: Management and Business Environment (Periods 10)
- Business Environment - concept and importance
- Dimensions of Business Environment - Economic, Social, Technological, Political and Legal
- Impact of Government policy changes on business with special reference to liberalization, privatization and globalisation in India.
Unit 4: Planning (Periods 12)
- Concept, importance and limitations
- Planning process
- Single use and Standing Plans - Objectives, Strategy, Policy, Procedure, Method, Rule, Budget and Programme.
Unit 5: Organising (Periods 16)
- Concept and importance.
- Organizing Process.
- Structure of organization - functional and divisional.
- Formal and informal organization.
- Delegation: concept, elements and importance.
- Decentralization: concept and importance.
Unit 6: Staffing (Periods 14)
- Concept and importance of staffing
- Staffing as a part of Human Resource Management
- Staffing process :
- Recruitment - sources
- Selection - process
- Training and Development - Concept and importance. Methods of training- on the job and off the job- Induction training, vestibule training, apprenticeship training and internship training.
Unit 7: Directing (Periods 16)
- Concept and importance
- Elements of Directing
- Supervision - concept, functions of a supervisor.
- Motivation - concept, Maslow’s hierarchy of needs; Financial and non-financial incentives.
- Leadership - concept, styles - authoritative, democratic and laissen faire.
- Communication - concept , formal and informal communication; barriers to effective communication, how to overcome the barriers.
Unit 8: Controlling (Periods 14)
- Concept, nature and importance
- Relationship between planning and controlling
- Steps in the process of control
Part B : Business Finance and Marketing
Unit 9: Financial Management (Periods 22)
- Concept and objectives of financial management.
- Financial decisions : investment, financing and dividend and factors affecting.
- Financial planning - concept and importance.
- Capital Structure - concept and factors affecting.
- Fixed and Working Capital - concept and factors affecting their requirements.
Unit 10: Financial Markets (Periods 20)
- Financial Markets: concept and types.
- Money market and its instruments.
- Capital market and its types (primary and secondary).
- Stock Exchange - functions and training procedure. Depository Services and D'mat Account.
- Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) - objectives and functions.
Unit 11: Marketing Management (Periods 30)
- Marketing - concept and functions.
- Marketing management philosophies.
- Marketing Mix - concept
- Product - concept, branding, labeling and packaging.
- Price - factors determining price.
- Physical distribution- concept, channels of distribution: types, choice of channels.
- Promotion -concept and elements; advertising- concept, role, objections against advertising, personal selling - concept and qualities of a good salesman, sales promotion - concept and techniques, public relations -concept and role.
Unit 12: Consumer Protection (Periods 16)
- Concept and importance of consumer protection.
- Consumer Protection Act 1986
- Meaning of consumer and consumer protection.
- Rights and responsibilities of consumers
- Who can file a complaint and against whom?
- Redressal machinery.
- Remedies available.
- Consumer awareness - Role of consumer organizations and NGO's
Unit 13: Project Work (Periods 16)