CBSE Class XI : Accountancy Exam Paper (Bihar)
SECTION-I [OBJECTIVE QUESTIONS]
General Instructions :
- (i). All Questions are compulsory.
- (ii). There is No negative marking for any wrong
- (iii). Questions are in two sections.
Instruction : Q. No. 1 to 25 : In the following questions there are
only one correct answer. You have to choose that correct answer.
1. Keyboard is :
(a) Input device (b) Output device (c) Memory unit (d) Output storage
2. Parties in Bills of Exchange are :
(a) 2 (b) 3 (c) 4 (d) 5
3. After detection is the sum two side of trail balance
does not tallies, then the amount of difference is written to :
(a) profit & loss A/c (b) Suspense A/c (c) Trading A/c (d)
4. All these errors which answer due to omission are
known as :
(a) errors of commission (b) errors of omission
(c) three sided errors (d) embezelment
5. Suspense A/c is :
(a) Nominal A/c (b) Real A/c (c) PersonalAc/ (d) Trading A/c
6. Suspense A/c is used to reetify :
(a) One-sided erros (b) two sided errors (c) Dr. side (d)
7. An amount of Rs. 430 was posted as Rs. 340 to the
debit of commission A/c — the restifying entry will be :
(a) Suspense A/c 90 (b) Suspense A/c 340
(c) Suspense A/c 430 (d) None of above
8. Accounting Starts where :
(a) Book keeping ends (b) Business ends
(c) Accountingperiod ends (d) None of above
9. Accounting is language of–
(a) Computer (b) Business (c) Men (d) Officers
10. The entity of a business is depante from its owners
Assumption is from :
(a) Business entity Assumption (b) Going concern Assumption
(c) Accounting period Assumption (d) Money Measurement Assumption
11. The Amount which the firm has to pay others is knowns
(a) Assets (b) Liabilities (c) Capital (d) None of these
12. Purchases of Machinary results :
(a) Increase in capital (b) Increase in Assets
(c) Decrease in capital (d) Decrease in Liabilities
13. What is the cost of goods sold which :
Opening stock = 4,000
Closing stock = 2,000
Purchases = 45,000
(a) Rs. 43,000 (b) Rs. 51,000 (c) Rs. 39,000 (d) Rs. 47,000
14. Old provision for Bad Debts subtracted from :
(a) New provision for Bad Debts (b) Bad Debts
(c) Both of them jointly (d) None of them
15. What is the amount of opening stock when
closing stock = 4,000
cost of Goods sold = 52,000
Purchases = 45000
(a) 7,000 (b) 11,000 (c) 3,000 (d) None
16. The term fixed Assets inclves :
(a) Stock in trade (b) Furniture (c) Payment in Advance (d)
17. Advestment of closing stock is :
(a) Credited to trading Account (b) Shown in the Asset side of the
(c) Both of above (d) None of them
18. Reserve for Doubtful debts is done :
(a) Debtors (b) Creditors (c) loan (d) None
19. Lucas Pacioli is the father of :
(a) Mathematics (b) Book keeping (c) English (d) Hindi
20. Advantages of Double Entry System are :
(a) Scientific system (b) Knowledge
of Financial position
(c) Knowledge about different Accounts (d) All of Above
21. When we return goods to the supplier then we use :
(a) Debit note (b) Credit Note (c) Cash Receipt (d) Pay in slip
22. those Accounts which are related to Man institute
company, firm etc. are called :
(a) Real Account (b) Nominal A/c (c) Personal Account (d) All of
23. Cash book always shows :
(a) Debit balance (b) Credit balance (c) Profit (d) Loss
24. Bank charges relises from :
(a) Current Account (b) Saving Account (c) By cheque (d) None
25. Write preparing Bank Reconcilliation statement by Dr.
balance of cash book then added :
(a) Cheques issued but not presented for payment (b) Interest Allowed by
(c) Amount directly deposited by the customers (d) All of Above
Instructions : Q. No. 26-30 From the two statements are given. You
have choose from the following options :
(a) If Both Statements are true and Statement II is the
correct explation of Statement I
(b) If both the statement are true but statement II is not
the correct explanation of statement I
(c) If statement I is true but statement II is false
(d) If statement I is false but statement II is
26. Statement I : Balance shset is not prepared in
single entry system.
Statement II : Balance shset is prepared only in Double Entry
27. Statement I — Profit = closing capital — opening
Statement II — The difference between closing capital and opening
capital is known as profit in single entry system.
28. Statement I — All those things having independent
existence are known as Entity.
Statement II — Database Management system are not costly.
29. Statement I — C.P.U. is a hardware.
Statement II — All parts of a computer are Hardware.
30. Statement I — Computer works on BASIC.
Statement II — BASIC is a language of computer.
Instructions : Q. No. 31-34 there are two columns. You have to match
the correct options of column–I to column–II.
|31. Cashflow statement
||(A) As – 2
|32. Valuation of Inventries
||(B) As – 10
||(C) As – 6
||(D) As – 3
Answer: 31. (d) 32. (a) 33. (b) 34. (c)
Instructions : In Q. No. 35 there is a paragraph followed by three
questions. You have to mark correct alternative from the option given in those
|Carrige & Freight
(i). Net sales = ?
(a) 5,00,000 (b) 4,90,000 (c) 2,00,000 (d) None
(ii). The cost of goods sold will be:
(a) 3,30,000 (b) 3,25,000 (c) 5,00,000 (d) 490,000
(iii). Gross profit will be :
(a) 160,000 (b) 2,60,000 (c) 490,000 (d) 200,000
Instructions : Q. No. 35 In there may be more than one correct answer. You
have to marks all the correct answers.
(i). Causes of Depreciation are :
(a) Obsolescence (b) Accidents (c) Constant use (d)
Answer: (a, b, c)
(ii). Which are correct from the followings :
(a) Provision for Bad & Doubtful Debts (b) Provision for Discounton
(c) Provision for taxation (d) Provision for
Answer: (a, b, c)
(iii). Accumulate to say:
(a) The accumulated earnings (b) Undistributed profit (c) a and b
Both (c) none
Answer: (a, b or, c)
SECTION-II (Short Answer questions)
- 1. Distinguish between Revenue Expenditure and Capital
- 2. Give any three points of difference between Cash
Basis and Accrual Basis of Accounting.
- 3. If total assets of a business are Rs. 3,00,000 and
capital is Rs. 2,40,000. Calculate creditors.
- 4. Write three one sided errors.
- 5. Write three differences between Provision and
- 6. What do you mean by "Relating a bill under rebate" ?
- 7. What is meant by Indirect Exp. ? Give two examples.
- 8. Atual keeps his accounts on Incomplete recordes. He
gives you the following information :
|Capital added during the year
Calculate Profit/loss for the year.
9. Explain the meaning of computer in about 50 words.
10. What do mean by Database Management System. Explain.
Long Answer questions:
Enter the following transition in a two column cash book and post then into
|Aug 1, 2006
||Cash in hand
||Gods purchased and paid through cheque)
||Received a cheque fromKhanna and paid into bank
||Paid to Ganesh through cheque
||Cash sales paid into bank
||Withdraw cash from Bank for office
||Paid into bank
||Recerved payment from Ram)
||Interest allowed by the bank
What is a Cash Book ! Explain the types of Cash Book.
Q12. Gupta Ltd. purchased on 1 Jan, 2000 a second hand
machinery for Rs. 2,00,000 and immediately spent Rs. 50,000 for its overhauling
and installation. On July 1 2003 the plant become obselate and was sold for Rs.
90,000. Depreciation is provided @ 10% p.a. on original cost method. Books are
closed every year on 31st Dec. show the necessary ledger accounts assuming that
provision for depreciation A/c is maintained.
What do you mean by Depreciation ! Explainthe two methods of charging
depreciation with examples.
Q13. On 1st Auguest 2005, Hari drew a bill for Rs. 5,000 on Mohan for 3 months
which was accepted and returned by Mohan. On 4th Sept. Mohan retires his
acceptance under the rebate of 6% per annum. Pass entries in the books of Hari
(a) Bill at Sight
(b) Bill after Date
(c) Bill after sight
Q14. From the following trial Balance prepare trading A/c,
profit & loss A/c and Balance sheet as on 31st Dec. 2005
|Purchases and sales
|Debtors and Creditors
|Plant and Machinery
|Provision for Bad Debts
What are Capital Receipts and Revenue Receipts. Write features of them. Write
three examples both of them.
Q15. What treatment will be done with following terms while
preparing final A/c.
(a) Interest on Drawings
(b) Interest on Capital
(c) Goods in transit
(d) Drawing of Goods for personal use.
What are Adjustment entries ? Write any four necessity of adjustment.