Common Law Admission Test
CLAT result will be published through merit lists prepared on the basis of
overall merit, preference-wise, gender-wise, state-wise and reservation wise.
A candidate whose name figures in more than one list will be given a choice
after the declaration of the CLAT- 2010 result to unconditionally and
irrevocably choose from any of the lists through which they want to seek
admission within a stipulated time.
If there is a tie between two or more candidates in the CLAT examination
result the same shall be resolved in the following manner in the order provided
(1) Higher marks in section on Legal Aptitude/Awareness
of the CLAT examination.
(2) Elder will be preferred
(3) Draw of lots
The basic principle of admission through CLAT-2010 is merit-cum-preference.
When a candidate’s name appears in the merit list he/she will have to deposit a
sum of Rs. 25000/-, non-refundable but adjustable in the fee to be payable at
the time of admission, to confirm his/her intention/ seriousness to take the
admission. Failure to deposit the above mentioned amount by the given date shall
be treated as that the candidate is not interested in the admission and his/her
claim to admission shall automatically cease to exist.The name of the bank, the
account number and the date by which it is to be deposited will be displayed at
the CLAT website.
Following 11 National Law Universities are member of CLAT-2010.
- National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore.
- NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad
- National Law Institute University, Bhopal.
- West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, (WBNUJS) Kolkata
- National Law University(NLU), Jodhpur.
- Hidayatullah National Law University (HNLU), Raipur.
- Gujarat National Law University (GNLU), Gandhinagar.
- Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University (RMLNLU), Lucknow.
- Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), Patiala.
- Chanakya National Law University (CNLU), Patna.
- National University of Advanced Legal Studies, (NULAS) Kochi.
The CLAT-2010 is being conducted by National Law Institute University (NLIU),