CBSE Class-10 Syllabus 2017-18
* Learning outcomes / objectives :
Students opt painting as an additional subject are able to :
• Develop their aesthetic sense.
• Appreciate the beauty in line, forms and colours.
• Understand the fundamentals of visual Arts (Elements and Principles) ability to
apply them to a specific aesthetic intent.
• Get the knowledge and skills in the use of basic tools, medium and techniques
required to works from concept to finished product.
• Develop memory and observation power through the study / excercise in still life
and painting composition.
• Develop their mental faculties for proper maintenance and arrangements of things
in their Painting practicals as well as in their life.
Painting from memory
Simple composition in (Water / paster / pastel) Colours on given subjects based on
sketching from life and nature. If may also be in abstract / semi-abstract / folk art
Class - X
Marking Scheme : 100 Marks
i. Compositional arrangement with due emphasis on the subject matter. (40)
ii. Treatment of media (colours) with appropriate colour scheme. (30)
iii. Creativity, originality and overall impression.