(Download) CBSE Class-10 Sample Paper And Marking Scheme 2017-18 :
Foundation of Information Technology
1. Multiple Choice Questions 5
a. Which one of the following is an e-Shopping website:
(iv) All of above
b. Background is an attribute of:
i) <BODY> tag
ii) <FONT> tag
iii) <IMG> tag
iv) <A> tag
c. A link used to navigate or open other web pages on a website on internet is called:
iv) None of above
d. A total of how many headings are there in html:
e. Which one of the following is not an attribute of <A> tag:
iv) Both (i) & (ii)
2. What is Blog? 1
3. Discuss the purpose of HTTP briefly. 1
4. Tamanna needs to store and transport the data. She should use HTML or XML? 1
5. Name the protocol which is used for uploading & downloading data from remote site. 1
6. What is the full form of URL? 1
7. What is the purpose of a web browser? Give the name of any two popular web browsers. 2
8. Explain the term Digital Divide. 2
9. Define cell padding and cell spacing with respect to tables in HTML.
Define container & empty tags in HTML. 2
10. What is a primary key in a table?
What is the need of a database? Discuss briefly. 2
11. Differentiate between <OL> and <UL> tag with suitable example. 3
12. What is the purpose of <IMG> tag? Mention it’s any two attributes along with their purpose. 3
13. What is e-Learning? Mention any two main benefits of e –learning with respect to the use of Information Technology. 3
14. Differentiate between Crackers & Hackers.
Ishan, a trainee in a multinational bank has just got his first official computer with internet facility in his office. Explain him about Malware, its types and any two precautionary measure he should be taken for information security.3
15. Write the HTML code to generate the following web page with the given below specifications:
(a) Bordered table should have background color in pink.
(b) Table’s header row with a heading “INCOME TAX SLABS 2017-18” should spread over four cells.
(c) After heading row, first cell of next row should spread over five rows with an image named “it.jpg” stored in d: drive.
(d) Set the space between the cell wall and the cell content to 10 pixels and set the space between the cells to 10 pixels.
(e) At the bottom of the page, a link to next page is there which is linked to another webpage named “next.html”. 5
16. Attempt any one question out of the given two:
A. Sahiba, a website designer with “International Designers Pvt. Ltd.” has written the following code. Observe the code given below and answer the following questions:
i. Are these tags part of HTML code or XML code?
ii. Identify the root element.
iii. Mention any two child elements. iv. Mention any two attributes.
v. An xml document can have more than one root element. Is it true or false?
B. Vani, a class X student has recently completed her HTML course and just started learning XML. Help her in the following:
i. Mention her any one main difference between HMTL and XML.
ii. She has been told that “All major browsers have a built-in XML parser to access and
manipulate XML”. Is this statement right or wrong?
iii. Explain her the purpose of comments in XML document. iv. Tell her the syntax to put comments in XML documents.
v. Explain her the meaning of well-formed XML documents. 5