(Download) CBSE Class-10 2016-17 Sample Paper And Marking
Scheme (Home Science)
Time: 3 Hrs Maximum
1. All questions are compulsory.
2. There are in all 27 questions.
3. Question no.1-5 are of 1 mark, to be answered in one or two lines.
4. Question no.6-12 are of 2 marks, to be answered in 10-20 words.
5. Question no.13-15 are of 3 marks , to be answered in 20-30 words.
6. Question no.16-23 are of 4 marks, to be answered in 40 words.
7. Question no.24-27 are of 5 marks, to be answered in 50-60 words.
8. Support your answer with suitable examples and figures wherever required.
1. Which is an example of physical fatigue:
(a) fatigue due to cycling
(b) fatigue due to a stressful day
(c) fatigue due to waiting for a bus
(d) fatigue due to spending time in a hospital
2. To remove blood stains from white cotton fabric
(a) Use hot water and salt
(b) Use hot iron
(c) Use cold water and salt
(d) Use talcum powder
3. Ironing should not be done directly on the _________.
4. ___________ an example of direct income
(a) living in own house
(b) salary of individual
(c) hired maid
(d) uniform from office
5. Stress and storm is a typical phase of:
a) early childhood
d) old age
6. Neeta got a stain on her white shirt. She does not know
the nature of stain. Tell her two ways to identify the nature the stain along
with the examples.
7. Write any two advantages of using food groups in planning
a balanced diet.
8. ‘Money is a pivotal resource”. Write any four ways of
saving this resource while going for shopping.
9. State with example how cultural factors influence meal
10. Convince your friend the importance of soaking cloths
11. Give four tips to your friend to save her energy while
rearranging her wardrobe.
12. What is AGMARK? Name any two products that are given this
13. Give one influence of each availability of food items,
age and cost of food items on meal planning.
14. Your father has come from his office little early and
looking very stressed. Suggest him six ways to reduce the psychological fatigue.
15. Your uncle is not able to adjust with his old father.
Explain him the changes which occur during old age and how can he take care of
his father’s special needs?
16. Define meal planning. State any six advantages of it. 4
17. Sunita has to wash her woolen and silk clothes. Tell her
any four differences in the process of washing the clothes.
18. Educate a group of Anganwadi workers about the important
features of RDA.
19. You have wheat, rice, rajma, potato, peanuts, refined
oil, spinach, paneer, eggs, oranges, bottle guard, apples and butter in your
kitchen. Segregate them according to the food groups as given by ICMR and
explain their nutrition value.
20. Skill of a Home Science student can help her family to
increase the real income. Support the statement with the help of any eight
21. You have purchased unpacked milk from a new milk vendor.
How will you ensure that you are not being cheated?
22. When would you describe an advertisement of a product as
‘misleading’? Explain with suitable examples.
23. What are the different stages of adulthood? Write two
characteristics of each stage.
24. Your mother has started a small scale business of food
preservation. Keeping in mind the requisites of a good label, draw a label for
25. You got an unknown stain on your school uniform. What
procedure will you follow to remove it?
26. Nitin is a labourer and earning Rs. 10,000 per month. Is
this, one of the important factor that can influence the expenditure of his
family? If yes, explain with examples four more factors that can influence the
27. Your term II examination is going to start after a month.
Plan your time accordingly, keeping in mind the various steps involved in it.