(Download) CBSE Class-10 Sample Paper And Marking Scheme 2017-18 :
Time allowed: 3 Hours Max. Marks: 80
(i) All questions are compulsory.
(ii) The question paper consists of 30 questions divided into four sections A, B, C and D.
(iii)Section A contains 6 questions of 1 mark each. Section B contains 6 questions of 2 marks each. Section C contains 10 questions of 3 marks each. Section D contains 8 questions of 4 marks each.
(iv) There is no overall choice. However, an internal choice has been provided in four questions of 3 marks each and three questions of 4 marks each. You have to attempt only one of the alternatives in all such questions.
(v) Use of calculators is not permitted.
Question numbers 1 to 6 carry 1 mark each.
1. Write whether the rational number 7/75 will have a terminating decimal expansion or a nor-terminating repeating decimal expansion.
2. Find the value(s) of k, if the quadratic equation 3x2 - k√ 3 x+ 4= 0 has equal roots.
3. Find the eleventh term from the last term of the AP: 27, 23, 19, ..., –65.
4. Find the coordinates of the point on y-axis which is nearest to the point (–2, 5).
6. If cos A=2/5 , find the value of 4 + 4 tan2 A
Question numbers 7 to 12 carry 2 marks each.
7. If two positive integers p and q are written as p= a2b3 and q= a3b; a, b are prime numbers, then verify: LCM (p, q) × HCF (p, q) = pq
8. The sum of first n terms of an AP is given by Sn = 2n2 + 3n . Find the sixteenth term of the AP.
9. Find the value(s) of k for which the pair of linear equations kx + y = k2 and x + ky = 1 have infinitely many solutions.