(Download) CBSE Class-12 2016-17 Sample Paper (Fine Arts - Graphics)
Time allowed: 02 hours
Maximum Marks: 40
i. All the eight questions are compulsory, which carry equal
1. Describe the origin and development of the Rajasthani or
Pahari School of Miniature Painting.
2. Appreciate any Mughal or Deccani Miniature Painting
included in your course of study, deeply based on the following points.
(a) Title and name of the painter/ sub-school
(b) Medium & technique
3. Which human life values are shown in any of the following
paintings of the Bengal School? Explain in short:
(a) Journey’s end
4. How far has the graphics-artist been successful in
depicting the subject-matter of any of the following contemporary (modern)
Indian graphic-prints? Give appropriate reasons on the basis of the
5. Identify any relevant painting of the Rajasthani or Pahari
School of Miniature Painting included in your Course of Study. Composing of the
following features and explain them in that painting accordingly:
(a) The tradition of simple and straight-forward composing in
the Rajasthani miniature-painting in, which main figures stand-out against a
flat background in dark or bright colours.
(b) The tendency to show high horizon in the Basohli miniature paintings.
6. Mention the titles of any five miniature paintings of the
Mughal and Deccan Schools included in your course of study.
7. Mention the names of any five famous painter and
sculptors, who contributed to the National Freedom Movement, which are important
in your view.
8. Mention the names(s) of any three graphics artists, a
sculptor and a painter of the contemporary (modern) Indian Art included in your
course of study.