(Download) CBSE Class-12 Sample Paper And Marking Scheme 2017-18 : Geography
- There are 22 general questions.
- Questions No. 1 – 7 are very short-answer questions carrying 1 mark each. Answer to each of these questions should not exceed 40 words.
- Questions No. 8 – 13 are short-answer questions carrying 3 marks each. Answer to each of these questions should not exceed 80 – 100 words.
- Questions No. 14 – 20 are long-answer questions carrying 5 marks each. Answer to each of these questions should not exceed 150 words.
- Questions No. 21 – 22 are related to identification or locating and labelling of geographical features on maps, carrying 5 marks each. Outline maps of the World and India provided to you must be attached within your answer-book.
- Use of templates or stencils for drawing outline maps is allowed.
- All questions are compulsory.
1. Give two reasons for unfavourable sex ratio in the world. ½+½=1
2. What is Digital Divide? 1
3. What are administrative towns? State one example from India? ½+½=1
4. Explain the term market gardening. 1
5. Explain the term ‘Golden Quadrilateral’. ½+½=1
6. What is meant by balance of Trade? 1
7. Mention any two cultural activities that are responsible for water pollution in India. ½+½=1
8. “There is a direct dependence of human beings on nature for resources which sustain them”. Justify the statement in the light of environmental determinism. 3x1=3
9. Why are sugar mills located within the cane producing regions? Explain any three reasons. 3
10. Discuss the problems associated with urban settlements in developing countries. 3x1=3