(Download) CBSE Class-12 2016-17 Sample Paper (Heritage Crafts)
Maximum Marks: 70
- The question paper consists of three sections A, B and C.
- All sections are compulsory.
- Separate instructions are given with each section and question wherever
necessary. Read these instructions carefully and follow them.
Section – A 40 marks
Answer the following- (1x5 = 5 marks)
1. Define Khadi.
2. Name two famous craft museums in India.
3. Who are Kumbkaar?
4. Name two famous personalities who played key role in development of
5. Name the state famous for Brocade Jamadani.
Answer the following in not more than 80-100 words each. (3x4 = 12 marks)
6. Explain the idea of Gandhiji’s self sufficient village. Do you think its
possible to realize this idea in India today? Support your argument with
7. How the valley of Kashmir economy flourished during 1600 to 1860?
8. How the craft person solves the problem of society while designing craft
9. What are the reasons the traditional crafts persons had to switch over from
traditional raw materials to her materials?
Answer the following in not more than 100-120 words each. (5x3 = 15 marks)
10. Colonialism transformed India from craft producer to a supplier of raw
material. Write a short description of this change.
11. Presentation packaging and small information about each product will boost
the sale in the market. Justify your answer.
12. How to craft museums widen the awareness of craft and tradition skills for
the general public.
What changes would you like to make it more popular.
Explain the idea of Gandhiji’s self sufficient village. Do you think its
possible to realize this idea in India today? Support your arguments with
Answer the following in not more than 150-200 words. (8x1 = 8 marks)
13. To attract tourist for Indian, craft what measure one will key in mind
while producing products?
Contribution of Smt. Kamla Devi Chattopadhay in the revival of Handicraft and
Handloom of India.
Section – B 20 marks
Describe each of the following in not more than 300 words. (10x2 = 20
14. Develop your own strategy for the survival of a craft of your locality in
the age of globalization.
Describe how you would set up a museum corner for your school utilizing local
crafts and strategy to attract public.
15. Based on the study of a craft community near your
neighbourhood and document their access to education, health, resources and
facilities of material. How lack of mentioned above is affecting their
production of craft. What are the measures you suggest to improve their
Why are design and technical development is so important for
the survival of the craft sector.
Section – C 10 marks
Describe each of the following in not more than 100 words.
(10x1 = 10 marks)
16. Our craftsmen are uneducated. They stick to old tradition
and values. Do you think knowledge of introducing new techniques and material
will improve their growth. If yes, justify your answer with proper examples.
Write an essay on ‘Disappearing Material’ for the local
community. Specify the reason and its consequences of the loss.