(Download) CBSE Class-12 2016-17 Sample Paper (Home Science)
Time: 3 Hrs
Maximum Marks: 70
All questions are compulsory.
There are in all 25 questions.
Question no.1-6 are of 1 mark, to be answered in one or
Question no.7-13 are of 2 marks, to be answered in 10-20
Question no.14-15 are of 3 marks ,to be answered in 20-30
Question no.16-21 are of 4 marks, to be answered in 40
Question no.22-25 are of 5 marks, to be answered in 50-60
Support your answer with suitable examples and figures
1. What do you mean by cephalo caudal principle of
development? Give one example.
2. Mention any two impacts of media on adolescents. 1
3. Why it is important to provide calcium to a nursing
mother? Give two reasons.
4. Write two features of DWCRA. 1
5. Point out one benefit and one limitation of investment in
6. What is the effect of vertical lines in an apparel on the
body shape of a person?
7. Adolescents are more vulnerable to substance abuse. Write
any four consequences of it.
8. Present one difference and one similarity between General
Provident Fund (GPF) and Public Provident Fund (PPF). Specify one common benefit
9. What are the four ways by which a student can earn a
living after studying Foods and Nutrition?
10. Name any two items with ECO Mark and draw the logo of the
11. Prepare a checklist of four points for a cook to maintain
personal hygiene in the kitchen while cooking.
12. Give any four long term goals for which a family should
save money. 2
13. Name a suitable chemical which can be used to purify
drinking water when you are travelling. Describe the procedure of purifying
water in three steps.
14. Give three suggestions with diagram to your tall and thin
brother to choose a suitable design of kurta for him.
15. At your home in the dinner- Fried Rice, Dal Palak and
Boondi Raita has been served. Suggest three modifications in the menu for your
father who is suffering from diarrhea to suit his nutritional requirement. Also
explain the reasons for modifications.
16. Peers can exert positive pressure or negative pressure on
a teenager. Support this statement with four examples each.
17. Write down the expansion of FSSAI. List down any six
conditions under which food is considered adulterated under FSSAI.
18. Prepare a format to record weekly family’s expenditure on
food. State two advantages of recording this.
19. Your uncle wants to invest some money in any saving
scheme. Name any two schemes which could help him. Write two benefits and two
drawbacks of these schemes.
20. Give two ways each to create balance and Rhythm in a
frock of 5 year old girl.
21. Briefly describe the steps of laundering woolen sweater
at home and list some important precautions while washing the garment.
22. Name any two life style diseases. Give four dietary
management for each of these diseases.
23. Radha wants to buy a silk saree for wedding. Suggest any
four points she should consider while selecting her saree and also guide her any
six ways to store it.
24. Your mother bought 2 kg of potatoes, but when she weighed
them at home, they were less than that. Mention four ways through which the
shopkeepers generally cheat their customers. Tell her at least six buying tips
which can safeguard her from such frauds in future.
25. Your friend Reeta is very short tempered. Over very small
issues she starts shouting and throwing things. Explain her six strategies which
would help her in controlling her anger. What could be the consequences of this