(Download) CBSE Class-12 Sample Paper And Marking Scheme 2017-18 :
Mass Media Studies
SAMPLE QUESTION PAPER 2017-18
Mass Media Studies (072)
Maximum Marks: 80
Time Allowed : 3 Hours
(i) All questions are compulsory.
(ii) Marks for each question are indicated against it.
(iii)Answers should be brief and to the point.
(iv)PART- A has 8 Very Short Answer type carrying one mark each. Answer to each question should not exceed 20 words.
(v) Questions 9 to13 in PART- B are Short Answer Type I questions carrying 3 marks each.
Answer to each question should be about 40-50 words.
(vi) Questions 14 to 19 in PART- C are Short Answer Type II questions carrying 4 marks each. Answer to each question should be about 60-80 words.
(vii) Questions 20 to 22 in PART- D are Long Answer Type questions carrying 5 marks each. Answer to each question should be about 100-150 words.
(viii) Questions 23 and 25 in PART- E are Essay Answer Type questions carrying 6 marks each. Answer to each question should be about 150-200 words.
PART A (1x8)
1. Write the full form of WWW and LAN.
2. Explain the concept of Mise-en-Scene.
3. Which software is used for audio editing in a multimedia project?
4. Write full form of FM and AIR.
5. What is Cloud Computing?
6. Explain Point of Purchase advertising.
7. Analyse covert advertising
8. Elaborate the term ICE age.
PART B (3x5)
9. Differentiate between Multicast and Unicast.
10. What were Raymond Williams’s views on Flow and Continuous interruption?
11. Elaborate the various functions of Multimedia.
12. Compare any two genres of radio programme.
13. According to Majid Tehranian, Explain the 3 megatrends that characterize 21st Century?
14. Explain the following media effects theories:
- Uses and gratification
15. ‘Virtual Journalism holds no charm’. Elaborate the statement with suitable examples.
16. Analyse the script-structure and features of Soap Operas.
17. Evaluate the various functions of advertising.
18. Explain the process of Adaptation.
19. Analyse how the advertising pitch of a new product is different from a well-established one.
20. Design an advertising campaign for a television brand.
21. Evaluate the impact of Expressionism and Neo-Realism on International Cinema.
22. What are the important characteristics of narrative according to Jerome Bruner?
23. Compare and contrast the following newspapers formats : - Tabloid, - Broadsheet, - Berliner
24. What is Multimedia? What are the various types of hardware used in creating a multimedia project?
25. What do you understand by Market Segmentation? Explain the process with the help of examples.
What is prototype of an advertisement? Explain CLT and Quota Sampling process of testing prototypes.