CBSE Class-12 Question Papers for IOP/Comptt Examination 2017 :
Delhi Scheme, Business Studies
CBSE Class-12 Question Papers for IOP/Comptt Examination 2017 : Business Studies, Set -1
Time allowed : 3 hours
Maximum Marks : 80
General Instructions :
(i) Answers to questions carrying 1 mark may be from one word to one sentence.
(ii) Answer to questions carrying 3 marks may be from 50-75 words.
(iii) Answer to questions carrying 4-5 marks may be about 150 words.
(iv) Answers to questions carrying 6 marks may be about 200 words.
(v) Attempt all parts of a question together.
1. On the introduction of ‘Goods and Services Tax Act, experts in the field of business started analysing and forecasting its impact on various sectors and industries. Vivek, an established businessman, attended a few seminars and conferences organized by such experts to familiarize himself with this information. He wanted to use these forecasts to reduce the uncertainty in making decisions for the future in his business. Name the step in the planning process that is being discussed in the above aragraph.
2.How do principles of management help managers in taking decisions Scientifically ?
3. Beena, a student of management, likes to relate what she learnt in class to real life situations. She observed many situations while watching educational programmes on television that remind her of concepts of Scientific Management. In one such
programme, factories manufacturing parts for products like automobiles, computers and mobile phones were being telecast. Name the technique of Scientific Management that should be adhered to, while manufacturing parts for such products.
4. Give the meaning of ‘Laissez Faire’ style of leadership.
5. Ravi, the Marketing Manager of Weaver Garments Ltd. does not allow the salesmen working under him to freely express their frank opinion and feelings regarding work related matters.
Identify the organizational barrier to communication that has been created by Ravi.
6. What is meant by a ‘Commercial Paper’ ?
7. How does ‘level of competition’ affect the working capital requirement of an organization ? State.
8. Avik is the finance manager of Mars Ltd. In the current year the company earned high profit. However, Avik thinks that it is better to declare smaller dividend as he is unsure about the earning potential of the company in the coming years. Avik’s choice of dividend decision is based on which of the factor that affect it ?
9. After completing her studies in product design, Sarita wishes to start her own business to design products to cater to the mobility and communication requirements of persons with special needs. She told her friend that she wanted to focus on supplying high quality products at affordable prices. The Unique Selling Proposition (U.S.P.) of the products would be sensitivity to the challenges and needs of the differently abled people. She wants to employ only differently abled persons in her factory and sales offices across the country. This decision of Sarita provides the base for interpreting her strategy. This also defines the broad parameters within which the company may recruit the persons. Sarita has also to decide about the exact manner and the chronological order of how the selection of the differently abled applicants will be done. In the above lines, Sarita is discussing about one of the functions of management. This function has several types. Identify and explain the types Sarita is discussing in the above lines.
10. State any three merits of external sources of recruitment.
11. Describe briefly the following methods of training :
(i) Apprenticeship Training; and
(ii) Internship Training.
12. Differentiate between Capital Market and Money Market on the basis of :
(i) Investment Outlay, (ii) Safety and (iii) Liquidity.