(Download) CBSE Class-12 Sample Paper And Marking Scheme 2017-18 : Commercial Art
(i) All the eight questions are compulsory which carry equal marks.
(ii) Answers to be written for question nos.1 and 2 in about200 words each. Question nos.6, 7 and 8 are objective type.
1.Appreciate any of the following miniature-paintings included in your course of study only based on its (a) Nam of the painter (b) medium & technique (c) subject-matter and (composition):
(a) Radha (Bani-Thani) (Rajasthani School)
(b) Krishna with Gopis (Pahari School)
2. Describe the origin and development of the Mughal or Deccan School of Miniature Painting.
3.Which human life-values are expressed in any of the following paintings of the Bengal School? Explain briefly:
(a) Shiva and Sati
(b) Journey’s End
4. Write a critical note on the compositional arrangement of any of the following contemporary (modern) Indian art-works or sculptures included in your course of study, based on the aesthetic parameters:
(1) Of Walls (a graphic-print)
(2) Triumph of Labour(a sculpture)
(3) Gossip (a painting)
5.Identify any relevant painting of the Rajasthani or Pahari School of Miniature Painting included in your course of study comprising of the following features and explain them in that particular painting accordingly:
(1) The tradition of simple and straight forward compositions in the Rajasthani miniature paintings, in which main figures stand out against a flat background in dark or bright colours.
(2) Depiction of the Krishna Lila themes in the Pahari miniature paintings.
6. Mention the titles of any three Mughal and two Deccani Miniature paintings included in your course of study.
7. Mention the names of those five painters of the Bengal School are included in your course of study.
8. Mention the title of the art-work done by each of the following contemporary (Modern) Indian Artists, which is included in your course of study:
(1) Gaganendranath Tagore (Painter)
(2) KamleshDuttPande (Painter)
(3) SomnathHore (Graphic-Artist)
(4) K. LaxmaGoud (Graphic-Artist)
(5) AmarnathSehgal (Sculptor)