Central Board of Secondary
Admission Notice National Eligibility
Cum Entrance Test (UG), 2013 For Admission to MBBS/BDS Courses in the Academic
Online applications are invited for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (UG),
2013 to be conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education, Delhi as
per the following schedule for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses in India in All
Medical/Dental Colleges run with the approval of Medical Council of India/Dental
Council of India under the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
Government of India
Pattern of Examination:
- The NEET (UG) Entrance Examination shall consist of one paper containing
180 objective type questions (four options with single correct answer) from
Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology).
- The duration of paper would be 03 hours.
- Indian Nationals and Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) are Eligible for
appearing in the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET-UG)
- He/She has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will
complete the age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission
to the 1st year M.B.B.S./B.D.S. course.
- The upper age limit for candidates seeking admission under 15% All India
Quota Seats in Medical/Dental Colleges run by the Union of India, State
Government, Municipal and other local authorities in India except in the
State of Andhra Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir is 25 years as on 31st December
of the year of the entrance examination. Further provided that this
upper age limit shall be relaxed by a period of 5 (five) years for the
candidates of Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Classes.
- The candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics,
Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English individually and must
have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics,
Chemistry and Biology/ Biotechnology at the qualifying examination. In
respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes or Other
Backward Classes, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and
Biology/Bio-technology taken together in qualifying examination be 40%
instead of 50% for General Candidates. Further, for persons for
locomotory disability of lower limbs, the minimum of 45% marks for
General-PH and 40% marks for SC-PH/ST-PH/OBC-PH are required.Those who are
appearing Class XII examination in 2013 can also appear for the entrance
test provisionally subject to
their fulfilling the conditions later.
How To Apply:
- Candidates can apply ONLY ONLINE.
- Online submission of application may be made by accessing the Board’s
website www.cbseneet.nic.in. The duration of submission of application form,
without late fee and with late fees is given in FEE DETAILS/LAST
DATE.Instructions for submitting online application, payment of fee and
computer generated printout to be sent to CBSE are available on website.
The Assistant Secretary (NEET),Central Board of Secondary Education, Shiksha
Kendra, 2, Community Centre,
Preet Vihar, Delhi-110 092
Phone No. – 011-22509256-59, 22059683
Fax No. – 011-22509251
- Date of Examination: 5th May, 2013 (Sunday)
- Schedule for submission of application forms without late fee :
01.12.2012 to 31.12.2012
- Schedule for submission of online application forms with late fee
Rs.1000/- : 01.01.2013 to 31.01.2013
- Date of receipt of confirmation page in CBSE for the applications
submitted late with fee of Rs.1000/-. : 05.02.2013