CBSE Class-12 Exam 2017 : Delhi Scheme
Question Paper, Bio-Technology
CBSE Class-12 Exam 2017 : Bio-Technology
SECTION – A
1.Natural form of subtilisin enzyme is inactivated by bleach in detergents. How ?
2. In which particular phase of growth of animal cell culture, the cell number begins to increase exponentially ?
3.Pattern of growth in bacteria is different from viruses. How ?
4. Why is strain preservation important in microbial cell culture ?
5.In rDNA technology, what is the advantage of using vectors with polylinkers or multiple cloning sites ?
6. Protein chemists prefer measuring absorbance of samples at 280 nm to estimate protein concentration. Why ?
SECTION – B
7. What are expression vectors ? What kind of promoter should be used in such vectors ?
8. Germplasm conservation through the conventional methods has many limitations. Name any four.
9. Generally, eukaryotic hosts are preferred to express eukaryotic proteins. Why ?
10. Differentiate between structural and functional genomics. (any 2 points)
11. How are Hydrogen bonds created in proteins and when are they strongest ?
12. Properties of proteins decide its purification scheme. Enlist any two such properties.