Time allowed : 3 hours
Maximum Marks : 60
General Instructions :
1. Answer 1 mark questions in about 20 words.
2. Answer 2 marks questions in about 20-30 words.
3. Answer 3 marks questions in about 30-40 words.
4. Answer 5 marks questions in about 100 words.
SECTION – A
Attempt nine questions only from this section. The questions are of 1 mark each.
1. Expand the abbreviation DEA.
2. Expand the abbreviation MCA.
3. Expand the abbreviation PFRDA.
4. Expand the abbreviation SAT.
5. Expand the abbreviation WAP.
6. Expand the abbreviation SROs.
7. In which year the ‘Wholesale Debt Market’ segment of NSE commenced operations ?
8. What is the net worth requirement for membership in CM segment ?
9. What is meant by a ‘trading member’ ?
10. Which Section of Income Tax Act, 1961 defines ‘capital gains’ ?
11. Write the formula for future value of an annuity.
12. What is the maximum amount of brokerage charged by a broker and a sub-broker ?
SECTION – B
Attempt ten questions only from this section. The questions are of 2 marks each.
13. Briefly explain ‘reduction of trading cycle’.
14. Give the names of products which are covered in the definition of “securities”.
15. Briefly describe on ‘margins from the clients’.
16. What is meant by a trading network ?
17. Briefly explain ‘Snap Quote’.
18. What is purpose of auction inquiry in the NEAT system ?
19. What is meant by market movement ?
20. State the functions of ‘depositories’.
21. What is meant by VSAT ? How is it connected to FTP ?
22. What is the present value of ` 40,000 receivable after 3 years at a discount rate of 9% under continuous discounting ?
23. Briefly explain the role played by Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority.
24. What is meant by an ‘Index’ ? Give the names of any two indices.
SECTION – C
Attempt seven questions only from this section. The questions are of 3 marks each.
26.State the contents of a ‘contract note’.
27.Explain the client registration documents.
28.Describe the trading system users hierarchy.