CBSE Class-12 Question Papers for IOP/Comptt Examination 2017 :
Delhi Scheme, Political Science
CBSE Class-12 Question Papers for IOP/Comptt Examination 2017 : Political Science, Set -1
Time allowed : 3 hours
Maximum Marks : 100
General Instructions :
(i) All questions are compulsory.
(ii) Questions number 1 – 5 are of one mark each. The answers to these questions should not exceed 20 words each.
(iii) Questions number 6 – 10 are of two marks each. The answers to these questions should not exceed 40 words each.
(iv) Questions number 11 – 16 are of four marks each. The answers to these questions should not exceed 100 words each.
(v) Questions number 17 – 21 are of five marks each. The answers to these questions should not exceed 150 words each.
(vi) Question number 21 is a map-based question. Write its answers in your answerbook.
(vii) Questions number 22 – 27 are of six marks each. The answers to these questions should not exceed 150 words each.
1. State any one reason for the smaller states to remain tied to any one super power during the Cold War period.
2. Which one of the following statements is true about the beginning of the ‘new world order’ ?
A. Emerging of Iraq as a power after it invaded and occupied Kuwait.
B. Weakening of socialism in the U.S.S.R.
C. The decision of the UN to get Kuwait liberated by force after years of deadlock during the Cold War.
D. Disintegration of the Soviet Union.
3. In 1971, who gave the slogan ‘Garibi Hatao’ (remove poverty) and why ?
4. Give any one suitable argument to support the need of popular movements.
5. In your opinion, which is the major factor responsible for the success of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in 2014 Lok Sabha Elections ?
6. Name any four member countries of NATO.
7. Give any two examples to support the concept of ‘common but differentiated responsibilities’.
Match correctly the leaders given in List ‘A’ with the political parties given inList ‘B’ :
List – A List – B
a. C. Rajagopalachari i. Bharatiya Jana Sangh
b. Shyama Prasad Mukherjee ii. The Communist Party
c. Acharya Narender Dev iii. Swatantra Party
d. A.K. Gopalan v. Socialist Party
10. In which two ways did the policy of Non-alignment benefit India ?
11. Explain the US Hegemony as a hard power.
12. If there had not been any international organization like the United Nations, what would have been the possible consequences ? Explain any two points.