Board of Highschool and Intermediate Education Uttar Pradesh
About UP Board:
The Board was set up in the year 1921 at Allahabad by an act of United
Provinces Legislative Council. It conducted its first examination in 1923. This
Board is one in India which, from the very start, had adopted 10+2 system of
examination. The first public examination after 10 years education is High
School Examination and after the 10+2 stage, there is Intermediate Examination.
Prior to 1923, University of Allahabad was the examining body of these two
"At present UP Board is the biggest examination body in the world"
- To grant recognition to aspiring school.
- To prescribe courses and text books for High school and Intermediate
- To conduct High school and Intermediate Examination.
- To provide equivalence to the examinations conducted by other Boards.
Fee Structure of UP Board is given below:
|Name of Examination
||Regular Examination Fee
||Private Examination Fee
||Rs. 150 ($ 3.20)
||Rs. 500 ($ 10.67)
||Rs. 300 ($ 6.40)
||Rs. 600 ($ 12.80)
- Prescribe courses.
- Conduct of Examination spread over vast area involving remote rural
- The attitudinal change and professional orientation of the staff to keep
pace with new techniques and rising expectations.
- Maintenance of accuracy and reliability of evaluation.
- Grant recognition to state High School and Intermediate classes.
- To conduct research in evaluation and curriculum framing.
- To make necessary arrangements of the preparation and publication of Text
books of high school and intermediate.
UP. Board of High School & Intermediate Education
Allahabad - 211 001
- Phone Number:
Allahabad: 91-532 602367
Lucknow: 91-532 239006