Union Public Service Commission
Combined Defence Services Examination (II), 2012
EXAMINATION NOTICE NO.10/2012-CDS-II
No. 8/1/2012-E.I(B)- A Combined Defence Services Examination will be
conducted by the Union Public Service Commission on 16th September, 2012 for
admission to the under mentioned courses:
Name of the Course and Approximate No. of Vacancies.
1. Indian Military Academy, 250
2. Indian Naval Academy, 40
3. Air Force Academy, Hyderabad 32
4. Officers Training Academy, 175
5. Officers Training Academy, 15
- For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy-Degree of a recognised
University or equivalent.
- For Indian Naval Academy : Degree in Engineering for CDSE and Degree in
Engineering or B.Sc. (with Physics or Mathematics) for NCC entry.
- For Air Force Academy : Degree of a recognised University (with Physics
and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST candidates who are exempted from payment
of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred Only) either
by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking
facility of SBI, State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State
Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore or by using
Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card.
Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status :
- For IMA-Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1989
and not later than 1st July, 1994 only are eligible.
- For Indian Naval Academy-Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than
2nd July, 1991 (2nd July, 1989 in case of NCC Naval Wing ‘C’ Certificate
holders) and not later than 1st July, 1994 only are eligible.
- For Air Force Academy-Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than
2nd July, 1990 and not later than 1st July, 1994 only are eligible.
- For Officers' Training Academy- (SSC Course for Men) : Male candidates
(married or unmarried) born not earlier than 2nd July, 1988 and not later
than 1st July, 1994 only are eligible.
- For Officers Training Academy - (SSC Women Non-Technical Course)
Unmarried Women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless
divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are
eligible. They should have been born not earlier than 2nd July, 1988 and not
later than 1st July, 1994.
The scheme, standard and syllabus of the examination:
A. SCHEME OF EXAMINATION
1. The Competitive examination comprises:
- Written examination as shown in para 2 below.
- Interview for intelligence and personality test (vide Part ‘B’ of this
Appendix) of such candidates as may be called for interview at one of the
Services Selection Centres.
2. The subjects of the written examination, the time allowed and the maximum
marks allotted to each subject will be as follows:
- For Admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Air
|2. General Knowledge
|3. Elementary Mathematics
(b) For Admission to Officers’ Training Academy
|2. General Knowledge