Notification : CBSE The India Toy Fair 2021
1.The Government of India is organizing ‘ The India Toy Fair, 2021’ from 27th February 2021 to 2nd March 2021 on a virtual platform. The India Toy Fair 2021 intends to bring policy makers, toy manufacturers & distributors,
investors, industry experts, MSMEs, artisans, start-ups, children, parents and teachers together on a common platform. The India Toy Fair will be inaugurated by the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India on 27th February, 2021.
2. The main attractions of The India Toy Fair include a Virtual Exhibition, webinars by State Governments, knowledge sessions with engaging panel discussions/webinars on diverse topics by experts on areas including toy-based learning, craft demonstrations, competitions, quizzes, virtual tours, product launches, etc. For further details regarding the India Toy Fair, please refer to attached Annexure – I.
3. The official website and online registration for the India Toy Fair will be launched on 11th February 2021. All schools and educational institutions are requested to view the launch of the official website on 11th February at 4.00 P.M. Live telecast may be seen on Doordarshan and live video feed at https://www.facebook.com/theindiatoyfair and https://twitter.com/TheIndiaToyFair.
4. You are requested to take the following measures in this regard:
a. Disseminate details of Toy Fair and registration to every student, teacher and parent.
b. Ensure maximum representation from students, teachers and parents to visit the Fair from 27th February to 2nd March, 2021 by virtually registering at https://theindiatoyfair.in/.
c. If classes have started in your school, dedicate a few periods to take students through the virtual India Toy Fair 2021 and participate in craftwork, quiz etc.
d. Ensure teachers attend webinars on toy pedagogy, toy-based education, etc.
e. Where internet live streaming is not available, arrange for TV viewing on Swayam Prabha eVidya channel where the India Toy Fair events will be broadcast live.
f. Take up Toy-based group-projects and link to Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat paired State/UT as per the Circular No. Acad-33/2020 dated 14.05.2020.
g. To make 1 to 2 minutes videos at your school on how to use toys / games / puzzles / puppets / activities / board games / electronic games / etc. as a tool for learning in the classrooms, and post it on the following MyGov site: https://www.mygov.in/task/my-favoriteindian-toy-video-contest/?target=inapp&type=task&nid=300431.
ANNEXURE – I
- The India Toy Fair 2021 will be organized virtually from 27th February 2021 to 2nd March, 2021.
- The Fair aims to provide an impetus to the underlying themes of “Atmanirbhar Bharat” and “Vocal for Local” campaigns, launched by the Government to promote indigenous industries.
- At the same time, the Fair also aims to leverage the potential of toys in making learning joyful across all ages in education.
- The India Toy Fair 2021 intends to bring policy makers, toy manufacturers & distributors, investors, industry experts, MSMEs, artisans, start-ups, children, parents and teachers together on a common platform, in a bid to propel the growth of the Indian Toy Industry toward a global competitive edge.
- One of the main attractions of The Toy Fair is the Virtual Exhibition with over 1000 virtual stalls.
- The exhibitors include Indian businesses engaged in creating happy childhoods and educating children through play, as well as NCERT, SCERTs, CBSE along with their schools and teachers, IIT Gandhinagar, NID and Children University Ahmedabad. All manufacturers in the Indian Toy Industry, small or big, are being encouraged to showcase India’s strength and diversity.
- The fair is expected to feature millions of users from different parts of India and will give them an opportunity to buy products from a variety of different exhibitors.
- As on 8th February, 2021, over 1,000 exhibitors are virtually on boarded for The India Toy Fair 2021.
- The Fair will also have knowledge sessions in terms of engaging panel discussions and webinars on diverse topics closely resonating with the Indian Toy Industry. The assortment of topics would address the Toy Industry holistically and deliberate on the way ahead for the Toy Industry.
- For the education sector in particular, the Knowledge Sessions involving various experts will focus on areas emphasized in the NEP 2020 such as play-based and activity-based learning, indoor and outdoor play, use of puzzles and games to promote critical thinking and overall on how to make learning more engaging and enjoyable.
- Additionally , to showcase our collective strength in toy manufacturing, several state governments are expected to feature webinars/sessions on the virtual platform. Further, to make the Fair an all-encompassing event, a plethora of activities such as Craft Demonstrations, Competitions, Quizzes, Virtual Tours, Product Launches, etc. would also be held during the Fair.
- The website and registration portal will be launched on 11th February, 2021 at 4:00 PM.
- The Toy Fair can be visited virtually from 27th February to 2nd March , 2021 by registering at https://theindiatoyfair.n/.
Courtesy : CBSE