NCERT: Research Associateship Scheme
The present Scheme has been initiated in the NCERT to utilize the experience of young educationists/educational researchers, who have done their Ph.D. on topics relating to school education but have still not got regular jobs. This will give these young people a chance to contribute and gain experience in their relevant areas pertaining to school education. NCERT, in particular, and the education system in India as a whole, will also gain from the energies, enthusiasm and knowledge of these young people. This scheme has been envisaged on the lines of the Senior Research Associateship (Scientists’ Pool Scheme) of the CSIR.
Terms and Conditions of the Offer:
i) The Associateship is open to Indian Citizens only.
ii) The candidate should have been awarded Ph.D. degree in any subject area related to school education or other allied disciplines (e.g. researches having implications for school education) from a recognized university as on the date of application.
iii) The candidate should not be more than 35 years of age as on the date of application (relaxable as per Government of India norms).
iv) The candidate should not be employed on the date of award of associateship.
2. Conditions of Acceptance of the Offer
i) The terms and conditions of the offer will be binding on the selected candidates. The selected candidate must send a formal acceptance on the prescribed form within three weeks from the date of issue of the offer letter. This should also be accompanied by a certificate that the person is unemployed.
ii) A fitness certificate should be submitted at the time of resuming duty.
3. Validity of the Offer
Once the acceptance is received, the offer will remain valid for a period of three months
i) The tenure of Associateship is fixed for one year and maximum of two years, extendable further for a period up to one year at the discretion of the Director on the recommendation of the Head/PI concerned. The Associateship would terminate earlier if the candidate gets employment elsewhere.
ii) The Associateship will be terminated as soon as the Associate gets employment.
i) Selected Candidates under the Scheme will be paid Rs. 35,000/- p.m.
ii) Travel cost for research will be allowed up to IInd AC fare.
iii) Accommodation during travel will be as per NCERT norms.
6. Placement and Transfer
i) The selected candidates will be placed in any one of the constituent units of the NCERT, depending on the area of work and the need of the unit and will work under the Head of the respective unit.
ii) The primary duties of Associate will be to conduct research/teaching/professional work related to the identified area of the placement.
iii) The Associate will have to devote full time to the work assigned during the Associateship.
iv) The Associates are liable to be transferred to any of the constituent units of the NCERT.
i) Leave @ 2.5 days per month is allowed.
ii) The Associate would have to avail leave due to him/her for attending interviews for regular posts.
iii) The Associate would not be allowed to avail more than 5 days’ leave at one stretch.
iv) Maternity leave will be allowed, though without pay. If the Associate availing this leave wishes to continue after availing the leave, she will be allowed to do so for a period equal to that of the leave taken.
8. End of Tenure
The tenure of an Associate will end when
- the incumbent resigns on securing a job or for other reasons;
- his/her services are terminated for indiscipline under conduct rules, or for unsatisfactory performance;
- the sanctioned tenure comes to an end.
9. Selection or working as an Associate does not imply any assurance or guarantee of subsequent absorption in NCERT or in any of its constituent units.
10. Service under the Research Associateship (Educationists/Researchers Pool Scheme) of NCERT is purely temporary and does not count for pension or other service benefits in NCERT, or under Central Government, or State Government, or Public Sector Undertakings.
11. All applications must be submitted in the prescribed format given below, with selfattested copies of the certificates/mark sheets/testimonials, etc. Also, the application should carry a brief summary of the proposed research work (not more than 1500 words) to be carried out during the associateship. Candidate should also submit a concept paper related to school education along with their application.
12. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
13. The application should be received within 30 days of appearing the advertisement.