(Download) CBSE Class-10 Sample Paper And Marking Scheme 2017-18 :
(Information and Communication Technology)
Time: 2 ½ Hrs. M.M.:40
(i) The sample question paper consists of 16 questions.
(ii) All questions are compulsory; however internal choice has been given in few questions.
1. Multiple choice questions 5
a. Which of the following is not an input device?
b. ___________ acts as the nerve centre that sends control signal to all other units.
i) Control Unit
c. Random Access Memory and Read Only Memory are examples of_______________.
i) Auxiliary Memory
ii) Primary Memory
iii) Secondary Memory
iv) Both primary and secondary memory
d. GIMP, Adobe Photoshop, Corel Draw, and Picasa are examples of _________softwares.
ii) Word Processors
iii) Desktop publishing
e. It allows a visited website to store its own information about a user on the user’s computer.
2. Aayush wants to send highly sensitive form data such as username and password which method out of GET/POST should he use to send the form data?
3. Define Shareware. 1
4. Identify the tools used for the following purpose:
a. To lighten the colours in an image.
b. To shift one part of an image, a layer, a selection or a path to a direction and the other part to the opposite direction.
5. What is the significance of System Software? 1
6. What does Open-source in Open- Source software mean? 1
7. Name any four tools used for Retouching an image in GIMP. 2
8. Write any four exclusive rights that a copyright owner possesses?
What is a firewall? 2
9. Differentiate between Blur and Sharpen tool. 2
10. Write the CSS code to:
i. Apply 50px indentation to all text paragraphs marked with <p>.
ii. Make the text in the paragraphs marked with <p> tag “italics”.
List the advantages of using CSS. 2
11. Explain the various values associated with “scrolling” attribute of FRAME tag. 3
12. Observe the following code carefully and answer the questions that follow:
<body> The Dos and Don’ts of network security
<li> KEEP ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE UP TO DATE.</li>
<li> SAVE THE FILE TO COMPUTER OR A DISK.</li>
<li> RUN AN ANTI-VIRUS SCAN REGULARLY.</li>