Question Papers For Board Examinations 2018
Class – XII
Subject – Library and Information Science
Subject : Library and Information Science
Class : XII
Year : 2018
General Instructions :
(i) There are 28 general questions.
(ii) Questions No. 1 – 11 are very short answer questions carrying 1 mark each. Answer to these questions should not exceed 40 words each.
(iii) Questions No. 12 – 22 are short answer questions carrying 3 marks each. Answer to these questions should not exceed 80 – 100 words each.
(iv) Questions No. 23 – 28 are long answer questions carrying 6 marks each. Answer to these questions should not exceed 200 words each.
(v) All questions are compulsory. However, an internal choice has been provided in two questions of six marks. You have to attempt only one of the choices in such questions.
1. What is AACR-2 ?
2. What do you understand by Stock Verification ?
3. What is Colon Classification ?
4. MS Windows and Linux are examples of _________.
5. What is E-Resource ?
6. What is Web OPAC ?
7. What is Short Range Reference Service ?
8. The National Library of India is located in _________.
9. What is Charging and Discharging in Circulation Section ?
10.What is Book Number ?
11.What is an Added Entry ?
Instructions : Answers should not exceed 100 words.
12. What are full-text online databases ?
13. What do you mean by referral services ?
14. Define the concept of SDI. Explain how this service is delivered.
15. Write a note on ‘User Education in Libraries’.
16. What are the functions of acquisition system ?
17. What are the three basic categories of Reference service ?
18. What is Shelf Rectification ? Discuss.
19. Differentiate between Barcode and RFID.
20. What is the need of binding in libraries ?
21. What is APUPA pattern ? Explain with example.
22. What is Document Delivery Service (DDS) ?