INTRODUCTION TO HOSPITALITY
Time allowed : 3 hours
Maximum Marks : 60
General Instructions :
(i) Read the paper carefully. All questions in each part are compulsory. Students may use bilingual media (both English and Hindi) for writing in which technical terms should be written in English medium.
(ii) Part A – Questions No. 1 – 8 are multiple-choice questions, carrying 1 mark each.
(iii) Part B – Questions No. 9 – 13 are short answer questions, carrying 2 marks each. Answer to them should not exceed 30 – 40 words each.
(iv) Part C – Questions No. 14 – 18 are also short answer questions, carrying 3 marks each. Answer to them should not exceed 60 – 70 words each.
(v) Part D – Questions No. 19 – 21 are also short answer questions, carrying 4 marks each. Answer to them should not exceed 80 – 100 words each.
(vi) Part E – three Questions No. 22 – 24 are long answer questions, carrying 5 marks each. Answer to them should not exceed 110 – 150 words each.
PART – A (1 mark each)
(Multiple Choice Questions)
1. Mr. Lalit has to take printouts of some important documents while he was staying in Hotel Tulip Residency. Where he shall go in hotel to get the printouts ?
(c) Coffee Shop
(d) Business Centre
2. Mr. Ramesh must get up early morning to catch flight. He wants to be sure that he gets up on time in the morning. Which facility of hotel he can take ?
(c) Wake-up Call
(d) Left Luggage
3.Which department ensures safety and working conditions of hotel employees ?
(a) Human Resource
(b) Sales and Marketing
(c) Finance and Accounts
(d) Engineering and Maintenance
4. Which of the following is Chef de Partie ?
(b) Bell attendant
(d) Grill chef
5. Which department in hotel is responsible for sending C Form to FRRO ?
(a) House keeping
(b) Human Resource
(c) Front Office
6. If the person is not breathing or is unconscious then which first aid should be given ?
(b) Wait for the person to resume consciousness
(d) None of the above
7. The fire of wood, paper, linen and similar dry materials is classified as
(a) Class C Fire
(b) Class E Fire
(c) Class D Fire
(d) Class A Fire
8. The guest with minimum number of luggage is termed as
(a) Scanty Baggage
(b) No Luggage
(c) Left Luggage
(d) Some Luggage
PART – B (2 marks each)
9.List any two functions of telephone department in a hotel.
10.Mention any two functions of reservation section in Front office.
11. What is non-verbal communication ?
12.How can security of women travellers be ensured in a hotel ?
13. What is First Aid ?