CBSE Class-9 Syllabus 2018-19 (Hindustani Music)
HINDUSTANI MUSIC VOCAL (Code – 034)
Examination Structure for Assessment
TOTAL: 100 Marks
Time: 01 hours
1. Five questions to be set with internal choice covering the entire syllabus.
2. Out of five questions, one question of composition in notation from the prescribed Ragas will be compulsory.
3. All the questions will carry five marks each.
Time: 15-20 Minutes for each candidate
1. Examiners are requested to ask the questions directly related to the syllabus.
2. Marks should be awarded in accordance with the marking scheme.
Distribution of Marks
||Alankaras set to all prescribed Ragas and Talas
||One Swarmalika and one Lakshan Geet
||Aaroha, Avaroha, Pakad and Drut Khayal with few Aalaps and Tanas in each prescribed Raga
||Identification of prescribed Ragas from the passages of Swaras rendered by the examiner
||Any three of the following:
i. National Anthem
ii. National Song
iii. Patriotic Song
iv. Community Song
v. Devotional Song
vi. Folk or Tribal Song
||Recitation of the Thekas of the prescribed Talas with dugun
*Teachers will refer to the distribution of marks while examining the candidate for practical examination.