Sample Paper – 2012
Class – IX
Subject – Science (Chemistry)
1. What are the characteristics of particles of matter?
2. A sponge can be pressed easily, still it is called a solid. Why?
3. Differentiate solids liquids and gases on the basis of (a)
diffusion , (b) density.
4. Solids are denser as compared to liquids , still ice floats on
5. Define Latent heat of fusion.
6. Why does water vapour has more energy than water at same
7. How can gases be liquefied?
8. List four factors which affect the rate of evaporation.
9. Name and define the fourth and fifth state of matter.
10. Why does a desert cooler cool better on a hot, dry day?