(Download) CBSE Class-10 Marking Scheme (Mathematics) 2016
1. The Marking Scheme provides general guidelines to reduce
subjectivity in the marking. The answers given in the Marking Scheme are
suggested answers. The content is thus indicative. If a student has given any
other answer which is different from the one given in the Marking Scheme, but
conveys the meaning, such answers should be given full weightage
2. Evaluation is to be done as per instructions provided in
the marking scheme. It should not be done according to one’s own interpretation
or any other consideration — Marking Scheme should be strictly adhered to and
3. Alternative methods are accepted. Proportional marks are
to be awarded.
4. In question (s) on differential equations, constant of
integration has to be written.
5. If a candidate has attempted an extra question, marks
obtained in the question attempted first should be retained and the other answer
should be scored out.
6. A full scale of marks - 0 to 100 has to be used. Please do
not hesitate to award full marks if the answer deserves it.
7. Separate Marking Scheme for all the three sets has been
8. As per orders of the Hon’ble Supreme Court. The candidates
would now be permitted to obtain photocopy of the Answer book on request on
payment of the prescribed fee. All examiners/Head Examiners are once again
reminded that they must ensure that evaluation is carried out strictly as per
value points for each answer as given in the Marking Scheme.