(Download) NIOS Question Paper Of Painting Senior Secondary
Sample Question Paper - Painting
Time - 1½ hours
Marks – 30
Note : Attempt all questions
- The question having 1mark should be answered in about 15 words.
- The question having 2marks should be answered in about 30 words.
- The question having 3 & 4 marks should be answered in about 50
1) What is Pahari Qualam? Name the theme of the Pahari Miniature painting.
2) Name the region of Deccan school. Name a few of its important centres.
3) Why the term Company Painting is used for a special kind of painting
during the early British rule.
4) What do you know about ‘Indus Valley Civilization’ and the finding of Art
and Crafts objects? (2)
1) Why Gupta period is known as ‘Golden Age’ of Art and Architecture?
6) Why ‘Padmapani Bodhisatva’ is one of the treasure paintings of the World
7) Mention the site of Ellora Temple and describe one of the relief
sculptures of Kailash Temple.
1) What is lost wax process? How is the technique is related to folk Bronze
2) What are the materials used to build the Golegumbud and mention its date
3) Describe the historical background of Mughal Miniature Painting.
4) Choose a painting of the famous artist Nihalchand and appreciate his
5) Write short note within five lines (attempt any two from any one of the
following two sets)
A. i) Pahari School
ii) Deccan School
iii) Company School
6) Write short note within five lines on:
Name two of the famous folk paintings from the following regions and write
the main features of any one.
iii) Andhra Pradesh
iv) West Bengal
1) Assess the role of Rabindra Nath Tagore in formulation of a new form of
Do you consider Ram Kinker Baij as the pioneer of Contemporary Indian
Sculptor? Give an example of his creations.
2) Explain the typical characteristics of Folk painting and elaborate with
examples from Indian folk painting.
How the religious and social themes are expressed in Indian Folk painting?
Illustrate with at least two examples.
N.B. [Appreciate : Written assessment of an artist or work especially a