(Notification) TERI GREEN Olympiad Examination Notification -2020
- GREEN Olympiad is TERI’s flagship programme for schools conducted annually since 1999.
- It is an examination comprising of objective type questions that test the level of environment awareness amongst students.
- Students of classes IV – XII from schools affiliated to a recognized education board/trust can directly register for this Olympiad.
- GREEN Olympiad covers a range of topics like water, waste, energy, air,agriculture, urban landscapes, biodiversity, health, climate change, and sustainable development, and contemporary environment news.
Highlights of GREEN Olympiad 2020
- Students from classes 4 – 12 can directly register for the examination.
- Students can participate in the online Olympiad directly from their homes.
- All participants will receive a certificate of participation/merit or distinction based on their performance.
- Schools/students can register for GREEN Olympiad 2020 through the following link: https://www.teriin.org/olympiad/registration/
Rules for Online Examination
- Examination will be conducted in ONLINE mode.
- Each student will be given 50 questions with multiple choice answers.
- Duration of the exam will be 1 hour
- Examination can be given through Laptops, Mobiles, PCs that have high speed internet connectivity
- No negative marking for wrong answers
How to Apply :
Please read the following instructions carefully before filling the form:
GREEN Olympiad is an examination comprising of objective type questions that gauge the level of environment awareness amongst students. Issues related to water, waste, energy, air, agriculture, urban landscapes, biodiversity, health, climate change, and sustainable development are included in this examination.
Schools affiliated to a recognized education board/trust can register for this Olympiad. Individual registrations from students will also be accepted. Students from Standard IV – XII can appear for this Olympiad through the following levels:
● Level 1 - Std. IV & V
● Level 2 - Std. VI, VII & VIII
● Level 3 - Std. IX & X
● Level 4 - Std. XI & XII
For each level mentioned above, schools can nominate any number of students as they wish.
Examination will be conducted through online mode. Computer/Laptop with high speed internet facility should be available with students to appear for online examination.
Duration of the examination is only 60 minutes, and the language will be in English.
Schools/students who wish to register for the examination should choose a convenient date from the application form. Schools should choose only one date for all participants. Username and password will be issued to each applicant/school so as to take the examination from anywhere at their convenience. However, applicants can appear only on the designated date, which cannot be changed under any circumstances.
For Schools: After filling and submitting your application, the page will automatically take you to the payment gateway page. Each participating student has to pay registration fee (non-refundable) of INR 75/- (or equivalent) to his/her school. After deducting INR 5/- (or equivalent) per student (towards expenditure for coordinating the online examination at school level), school has to pay the total registration fee (i. e. INR 70/- × number of participating students in all levels) through any available mode of online transaction.
For Individual Students: After filling and submitting your application, the page will automatically take you to the payment gateway page, where the applicant has to pay registration fee (non-refundable) of INR 75/- (or equivalent) through any available mode of online transaction.
A system generated receipt will be sent to the registered e-mail id on successful completion of application; but subject to realization of payment.
Results will be available online and schools/students are requested to check the project website for regular updates. All students will receive certificate of participation/ merit/ or distinction based on their performance. Teacher Coordinators (applicable for school registration only) will also receive certificate of appreciation.
Schools/students can register for GREEN Olympiad 2020 through the link:
IMP Date :
|Date(s) of Examination
||26 November 2020 OR 17 December 2020
||1 Hour (between 1000 Hrs. to 1800 Hrs.)
- Registration fee can also be made to the following account:
- All registered schools/students are requested to share proof of ‘online payment’ including Transaction Number, Date, Name of the school/student, Bank Name, etc. on their online form for verification purpose
Courtesy : Teri Green Olympiad