GUESS PAPER For 2009-10
CLASS – XII
SUBJECT - BUSINESS STUDIES
TIME 3HRS Max. Marks. - 100
1. Answers to questions carrying 1 mark may be from one word to one
2. Answer to questions carrying 3 Marks may be from 50 to 75 words.
3. Answer to questions carrying 4-5 marks may be about 150 words
4. Answer to questions carrying 6 marks may be about 200 words.
5. Attempt all parts of a question together.
1. Clarify the following equation: Anything – Management = Zero. (1)
2. To meet the objectives of the firm the management of Infosys Ltd. provide
to their employee good working environment and opportunities for promotion and
growth. Identify the category of objective it is trying to achieve. (1)
3. Illustrate the principle of stability of tenure through a suitable
4. In which technique of Scientific Management ‘Stop Watch’ is used and why?
5. How does planning strangulate the initiatives of the employee? Justify
your answer with the help of a suitable example. (1)
6. One of the functions of Management is considered a base for all other
functions, name that functions. (1)
7. What is Semantic Barriers in the process of communication? (1)
8. What do you understand by Monetary Incentives? (1)
9. Ministry of Civil Supplies publishes a quarterly magazine under the title
“ Upbhokta Jagaran” in the same way DD and other TV Channels telecasts programme
like “Sanrakshan Upbhokta ka and “Jago Upbhokta Jago” , all these indicates
towards which right of consumer ? (1)
10. Rajesh purchased a DVD player from a reputed electronic company and found
it is defective. Despite many complaints the defect was not rectified. Suggest
to him the appropriate authority where he could file a complaint under Consumer
Protection Act. (1)
11. Distinguish between Policy and Procedure. (3)
12. Explain the term ‘Capital Gearing’. (3)
13. State any three objectives of OTCEI. (3)
14. Explain any three methods of ‘Trade Promotion’. (3)15. What are the key
financial decisions? How ‘Stock Market Reaction’ affect the dividend decisions?
Explain with the help of an example. (3)
16. Explain four methods of Off – the – Job training. (4)
17. Explain in brief the followings: (2+2=4)
(a) ‘Principle of Critical – Point – Control’.
(b) Relationship between planning and controlling.
18. What is ‘Grapevine communication’? What are communication networks
operate in it? (4)
19. Define ‘delegation’ and differentiate it with ‘decentralization’ on any
three points. (1+3=4)
20. State any four responsibilities of a consumer while buying any goods/
21. “Coordination is the orderly arrangement of group efforts to provide
unity of action in the pursuit of a common purpose.” In the light of above
statement, explain the nature of coordination. (5)
22. ‘Automobiles Ltd. offered to sell their new bike at about Rs.4000 less
than the usual price’ is an example of one of the techniques of sales promotion.
Name the technique and also explain three other techniques with example. (2+3=5)
23. List the principles of management advocated by Henry Fayol and explains
the following principles of management:
(a) Scalar Chain. (b) Esprit – de – corps. (2+3=5)
24. Explain why planning is necessary for effective management? (5)
25. Define stock exchange. Explain any four functions of stock exchange.
26. In an electrical goods manufacturing company there are four main
activities production, finance, marketing and personnel. General Manager is
planning to structure the organization. Which type of organization structure he
should adopt and why? Give reasons.
Define Organizing. Describe briefly the various steps involved in the process
of Organizing. (6)
27. What do you understand by selection of workers? What are the necessary
steps involved in the selection of employee? Explain in brief.
What is Training? Explain any three needs of training. And also distinguish
it with development. (1+3+2=6)
28. Define Motivation. Explain how motivation contributes to the success of
What are the common barriers of effective communication? Suggest measure to
overcome them. (6)
29. What is the concept of ‘Fixed Capital’? Describe any four factors which
affect the fixed capital requirements of company.
What is meant by capital structure? Briefly explain any four factors that
affect the capital structure of a company. (6)
30. What is ‘Advertising’? Distinguish between Advertising and Personal
Selling on the following basis; personal contact, uniformity of message, time,
feedback, media and objective.
Define marketing. Explain any six functions of marketing. (2+4=6)