GUESS PAPER For 2009-10
CLASS – XII
SUBJECT - BUSINESS STUDIES
TIME 3HRS Max. Marks. - 100
1. Answers to questions carrying 1 mark may be from one word to one
2. Answer to questions carrying 3 Marks may be from 50 to 75 words.
3. Answer to questions carrying 4-5 marks may be about 150 words
4. Answer to questions carrying 6 marks may be about 200 words.
5. Attempt all parts of a question together.
1. In order to be successful an organization must change its
goals according to the needs of the environment.. Which characteristic of
management is highlighted in the statement? (1)
2. To meet the objectives of the firm the management of Angora Ltd. offers
employment to physically challenged persons. Identify the organizational
objective it is trying to achieve. (1)
3. The Principles of Management are different from those used in pure science..
Write any one difference. (1)
4. Why is it said that management principles are universal? (1)
5. A Company needs a detailed plan for its new project, .Construction of a
Shopping Mall.. What type of plan is it? (1)
6. Planning eliminates changes/uncertainties Do you agree? Give reason in
support of your answer. (1 )
7. How does communication establish effective leadership? (1)
8. Is directing necessary at planning stage? Give reasoning in support of your
9. Which Consumer Right gives the business firms freedom to set up their own
consumer service and grievance cell? (1)
10. Deepak Shah purchased a car for Rs. 19 lacs from an automobile company and
found its engine defective. Despite many complaints the defect was not
rectified. He filed a case in the District forum.But he was not satisfied with
the orders of the District Forum and decided to appeal. Suggest him the highest
authority where he could appeal if not satisfied again by the decision of the
next higher authority (1)
11. Does control help in .judging the accuracy of standards. and .improving
motivation of the employees.? Explain. (3)
12. Which process prepares a blue print of an organisations future preparations
relating to finance? Give any two reasons why this process is needed?
13. State any three objectives of National Stock Exchange. (3)
14. Distinguish between the concepts .product. and .production. in Marketing
keeping following as the base: (3)
15. How are the shareholders of a company likely to gain with a debt component
in the capital employed? Explain with the help of an example. (3)
16. State any four benefits of training. (4)
17. Taking corrective/remedical action is the last step in the process of one of
the functions of management. (1+3=4)
(a) Name the function.
(b) Explain the other steps of the above mentioned function.
18. Mohan and Sohan are friends working in Surya Ltd. as Production and Sales
Manager respectively. In an interdepartmental meeting Sohan informed Mohan about
a change in the marketing policy of the company.
(a) Identify the type of communication used in the above example.
(b) Name & explain any two networks of the type of communication identified in
part(a). (1+3 = 4)
19. Distinguish between delegation & decentralization of authority on the
(iii) Freedom of action
(iv) Level of authority (4)
20. State any four responsibilities of a consumer while purchasing/ consuming
goods/ services. (4)
21. Explain how co-ordination is implicit and inherent in all functions of
22. .Determination of the Price of a Product. is influenced by many factors.
Explain any five factors that have an influence on price. (5)
23. Explain the following principles of management:
(b) Remuneration of Employees. (5)
24. In spite of best efforts of managers sometimes planning fails to achieve
desired results due to its limitations. Explain any five limitations of
25. Explain any five functions of a Stock Exchange. (5)
26. What is meant by .Functional organizational structure.? State any two
advantages & two disadvantages of such structures.
Describe the steps involved in the process of .Organising.. (6)
27. Is selection a negative process? Why? What kind of tests will primarily be
used and why to select the following :
(i) An- interior-decorator,
(ii) A Computer-operator,
(iii) A Public-dealing officer, and
(iv) A School Teacher
Your school has some vacancies of teachers. The eligible
staff has been promoted to half of the posts. Explain any four ways through
which right-type of people may be invited to fill up rest of the vacancies (6)
28. In an organization there are many leaders. But a good leader must be a
distinguished one. Suggest any four qualities that a good leader must possess.
It is only .Motivation. through which the managers can
inspire their subordinates to give their best to the organisation.. In the light
of this statement explain any four points of importance of motivation. (6)
29. What is meant by .Working Capital.? Describe any four factors which affect
the workingcapital requirements of company.
What is meant by .Fixed capital.? Describe any four factors
which affect the fixed capital requirement of a company. (6)
30. You have been appointed Brand Manger of Ford Motors. The
Company is to introduce a Compact small car in the Indian Market. The name of
the car is yet to be decided. You have been asked to chair a Brain Storming
Session. Before the suggestions come forward you have to briefly explain the
participants as to what constitutes a good brand name with the help of suitable
examples. (1 mark)
Various tools of communications are used by the marketers to
promote their products. Answer the following questions :
(a) Why do Companies use all tools at the same time?
(b) Name and explain the most commonly used non-personal tool of promotion which
is paid for by the markets.
(c) Which tool of promotion will primarily be used for the following :
(i) To get good Corporate image without being paid for.
(ii) An existing product meant for mass usage by literate
(iii) To introduce a new product to a particular class of
people through door to door visits.