(Syllabus) Madhya Pradesh Board : Class XII - Agriculture
and Home Science
1. Introduction :- Scope & Importance of Agriculture in indian Economy
Measures Adopted for improving production.
2. Climate :- Distribution of crop zones based on rainfall; Temperature;
Atmospheric Pressure, Records.
3. Soils :- Definition of soil, composition, importance of soil, soil Texture,
minerals, humus, soil, soil water & soil air.
4. Types of soils :- Classification of soil in M.P., Identification of soil.
Formation and reclamation of acidic and basic soils.
5. Tillage :- Definition, objectives, Types, Tillage works – ploughing,
narrowing, interculture & their implements.
6. Organic Manures :- Micro nutrients useful for plants & their general
information.Farm yard manure, compost, oilkcake manures.
7. Fertilizers :- Nitrogenous, phosphoric & pottasic fertilizers
8. Weeds :- Control of weeds (Mechanical, Agricultural, Biological & Chemical
9. Crops (Cultivation) :- Gram & soybean cultivation.
10. Crops (Cultivation) :- Cultivation of paddy.
11. Introduction of Horticulture :- Meaning of horticulture, branches &
scope of horticulture, plantation methods. Training & pruning.
12. Ornamental Gardening :- (i) Definition, Importance & Scope
(ii) Climber, Shrubs & Trees
13. Plant Propagation :- Methods of propagation- cutting, air layering, graftage,
inarching & budding.
14. Cultivation of Vegetables :- Tomato, Brinjal, Chilli, Lady finger.
15. Cultivation of Vegetables :- Radish & Onion
16. Cultivation of Fruits :- Cultivation of banana, papaya & their
17. Cultivation of Fruits :- Cultivation of citrus fruits, specially-lime &
18. Preservation (Fruit & Vegetables :- Meaning & fruit Vegetables preservation.
Importance, scope & limitations of fruits & vegetable preservation.
19. Principles & methods of fruit & vegetable preservation.
20. Methods of preservation :- (Specially) preperation of Jelly of guava, squash
of lime, tomato ketchup (sauce).
Agriculture (Art & Science Groups)
1. Calculation of manure & fertilizers for crops.
2. Preparation of plants for annual & perennial crops.
3. Preparation of plants by different methods of plants
4. Cultivation of rabi & kharif crops according to syllabus
5. Introduction of tillage impliments, Identification of
fertilizers & seeds
Identification of weeds.
6. Record & project wook.
HOME SCIENCE (Arts Group)
(A) Cell and Tissue :- meaing of the cell, Defination and structure. Type of
tissue (with example)
(B) Skeletal & Muscular System :- Structure, types, functions. Joints – Types,
Cartilage structure of muscles, functions of voluntary & involuntary muscles.
(C) Digestive System :- Introduction of alimentary canal.
(A) First Aid :- Meaning & area, Principles, things required in first – aid.
(B) Bandages – Types, uses, types of fracture, sprain. Artificial respiration,
dislocation, bleeding and pressure point.
Nutrition and Health :- Need of food, functions of food.
Balance Diet :- (Age, sex, occupation, climate and activity) Good nutrition,
under nutrition and mal nutrition
Food and Nutrition :- Protien, carbohydrates, Fats, Vitamins, Minerals, Water,
fibers – composition, function, sources, daily needs, Deficiency diseases.
Cookery :- Different methods of cooking foods. effect of cooking on food
nutrients. General introduction about Solar cooker.
(A) Home management :- Family resources, its types, characteristics of
(B) Selection of House :- Water, arrangement from health point of view, Air and
light arrangement, distribution of rooms, multipurpose room, objectives, merits
Textile :- Fiber – meaning, defination, classification of fiber characteristics
of natural fiber.
Child development :- Childhood (mid – age) its development. Physical
development, changes in body proportion, teeth, bones and muscles. its
development, motor development, Speech development , Social and emotional
developments Importance of play in development of child.
Embroidary :- Knowledge about embroidary stitches – chain stitch, stem stitch,
Button hole stitch, satin stitch. french knot stitch.
Sewing :- Hemming, light – stitch (temporary) stitching, simple running stitch,
Hook, Button, Button hole.
- To Porepare first-aid box. Tieing of bandages.
- To Prepare a list of food items available in local
market according to their price and nutrients
present in food products.
- Prepare a sample using different types as basic
stitches of embroidary.
- Washing and finishing cloths of different fibers.