CBSE Class-10 Exam 2019 : All India Scheme
Question Paper-Automobile Technology
Subject : Automobile Technology
Time allowed : 2 hours
Maximum Marks : 50
Year : 2019
General Instructions :
(i) This question paper contains 31 questions out of which the candidate needs to attempt only 23 questions.
(ii) Question paper is divided into two sections :
I. Section A
- Multiple choice questions/Fill in the blanks/Direct questions : contains total 12 questions of 1 mark each. Answer any 10 questions.
- Very short answer type questions : contains total 7 questions of 2 marks each. Answer any 5 questions.
- Short answer type questions : contains total 7 questions of 3 marks each. Answer any 5 questions.
II. Section B
- Long answer/Essay type questions : contains total 5 questions of 5 marks each. Answer any 3 questions.
SECTION – A
1. Which of the following is not a component of Petrol Engine ?
(a) Fuel Injection Pump (FIP)
(b) Ignition coil
(d) Fuel filter
2. In a fully charged lead-acid battery the active materials for positive plates is
(a) Pure lead (Pb)
(b) Lead peroxide (PbO2)
(c) Spongy lead
(d) Sulphuric acid (H2SO4)
3. To form an impression of the tip on a workpiece, which of the following tools is used ?
4. Tachometer is used to measure the
(a) Resistance of a circuit
(b) Speed of vehicle
(c) Speed of engine
(d) Power of engine
5. Which of the following measuring tools does not have the in-built measuring scale ?
(a) Steel ruler
(c) Screw gauge
(d) Vernier caliper
6. Wheel balancing helps in minimizing
(c) Tyre vibration
(d) Air pressure
7. Air filter of a vehicle is cleaned by
(d) Air blower
8. In the process of manual wash of a car, __________ is used for cleaning of windscreen and window glasses.
(b) Dish soap
(c) Terry cloth
9. For better performance of cooling system in a car and to keep the radiator system free of corrosion, change the coolant after every
(a) 6 months
(b) 1 year
(c) 2 years
(d) 3 years