CBSE Class-10 Question Papers for IOP/Comptt Examination 2017
All India Scheme, (Science)
CBSE Class-10 Question Papers for IOP/Cmptt Examination : Science (Set -1)
Section – A
1. State Modern Periodic Law of classification of elements.
2. Why should biodegradable and non-biodegradable wastes be discarded in two different dustbins ?
3. Define power of a lens.
4. What is speciation ? State any two factors which could lead to speciation.
5. List any four modes of asexual reproduction.
6. What are decomposers ? State the role of decomposers in the environment.
7. What is scattering of light ? Why do the colour of clear sky appear blue ? Explain.
8. Name the type of defect of vision a person is suffering from, if he uses convex lenses in his spectacles for the correction of his vision. If the power of the lenses is +0.5 D, find the focal length of the lenses.
9. Draw a ray diagram to show the formation of real image of an object when refraction of light takes place through a convex lens. Mark as per the new Cartesian sign convention the object-distance (u), image distance (v) and the focal length (f) and also write the relation between u, v and f.
10.State Snell’s law of refraction of light. Express it mathematically. Write the relationship between absolute refractive index of a medium and speed of light in vacuum.
11. What are covalent compounds ? How are they different from ionic compounds ? List any two properties of covalent compounds.
12. Ethanoic acid reacts with absolute ethanol in the presence of Conc. H2SO4 to form a compound
(i) Write the smell and class of compounds to which this compound belong.
(ii) Write the chemical equation for the reaction and state the role of Conc. H2SO4 in the reaction.
(iii) Write one use of the product of this reaction.
13.Write the electronic configurations of two elements P (atomic number 17) and Q (atomic number 19) and determine their group numbers and period numbers in the Modern Periodic Table.