CBSE Class-12 Exam 2017 : Delhi Scheme
Question Paper, Agriculture
CBSE Class-12 Exam 2017 : Agriculture
1. Fill in the blanks :
(a) Food-grain production mainly depends upon soil ______.
(b) Status of pH and organic carbon content of a field may be known by following
______ and ______ practices.
(c) ______ percent nitrogen is available to a crop from the application of F.Y.M.
(d) “Blue-Green Algae” is a bio-fertilizer which is applied in ______ crops.
(e) In organic farming, there is ______ of applying chemical fertilizers.
2. Differentiate between the following :
(i) Bio-fertilizers and bio-pesticides.
(ii) Open-pollinated and hybrid varieties in maize.
(iii) Broadcast and seed drill sowing of wheat.
(iv) Compost and Vermi-compost.
(v) Drip and Sprinkler irrigation.
3. Root nodules of leguminous crop plants carry rhizobium bacteria which accelerate nitrogen-fixation. How is this phenomenon useful in leguminous crops ?
4. Write in detail the cultivation of rice from preparation of field to harvesting of the crop by broadcasting and transplanting methods separately taking one hectare land for each method.
5. Write the names of weedicides which are used to control broad-leaved weeds and “Phalaris miner” in wheat crop. Also write the right time of their application.
6. (i) What is “Water-harvesting exercise” in agriculture ? Whether field crops can be saved from drought by adopting this technique ? If the answer is yes, then how ?
(ii) Write names of three cereal crops suitable for organic farming and the changes in nutritive value of the organically produced product.