1. Name the vegetative propagules in (i) Potato, and (ii) Pistia.
2. Mention the combination(s) of sex chromosomes in a male and a female bird.
3. A region of a coding DNA strand has the following nucleotide sequence : – A T G C –
What shall be the nucleotide sequence in (i) sister DNA segment it replicates, and (ii) m-RNA polynucleotide it transcribes ?
4. List the type of cry genes that provide resistance to corn plants and cotton plants respectively against lepidopterans.
5. Very small animals are rarely found in polar regions. Give two reasons.
6. Mention the relationship between concentration of luteinising hormone and maintenance of endometrium in the human uterus.
7. Explain codominance with the help of one example.
What do the forelimbs of whales, bats and cheetah with respect to evolution signify ? Provide one such example in plants.
8. What is outbreeding ? Mention any two ways it can be carried out.
9. State how does ex-situ conservation help in protecting biodiversity.
10. Explain the relationship between green house gases and global warming.
11. Apomixis resembles asexual reproduction, as well as mimics sexual reproduction in plants. Explain with the help of a suitable example.
12. Describe the embryonic development of a zygote upto its implantation in humans.
13. Explain the cause of chromosomal disorders in humans. Describe the
effect of such disorders with the help of an example each involving
(i) autosomes, and (ii) sex chromosomes.