1. Define ‘Directing’ as a function of management.
2. Differentiate between formal and informal organisation on the basis of ‘authority’.
3. Why is ‘Trade Test’ conducted in the process of selection ?
4. Vegatech Enterprises was a company manufacturing refrigerators. The company had a functional structure with four main functions
Production, Marketing, Finance and Human Resource. As the demand for the products grew, the company decided to hire more employees. Identify the concept which will help the Human Resource Manager in identifying the types of human resources necessary for the performance of various jobs and accomplishment of organisational objectives.
5. Whirlwind Enterprises was a renowned name for manufacturing quality washing machines since 1965. When the profit of the last year declined, Mr. Ahmed, the owner of Whirlwind Enterprises, asked the General Manager to prepare a profitability report of the company including Gross Profit Ratio, Net Profit Ratio, etc. besides using other techniques to assess the company’s performance. Identify the step taken by Mr. Ahmed which is related to one of the
functions of management.
6. What is meant by ‘Trading on Equity’ ?
7. Varunica Ltd., a reputed truck manufacturing company, needs rupees twenty crores as additional capital to expand its business. Mr. Alind Jindal, the CEO of the company, wants to raise funds through equity. The Finance Manager, Mr. Nikhil Sachdeva, suggests that the existing shareholders be offered the privilege to subscribe to new issue of shares as per the terms and conditions of the company which was agreed by Mr. Alind Jindal.
Name the method through which the company decided to raise additional capital.
8. Vanshika uses ‘Kuber Cabs’ for travelling in the city. She received a text message ‘‘Add < 222 on Kaytm and get 20% cash back on having
minimum ten trips till 15th April, 2017’’. Identify the technique of sales promotion used by the company.
9. Explain briefly ‘Remuneration of Employees’ and ‘Scalar Chain’ as general principles of management.