Time allowed : 3 hours
Maximum Marks : 60
General Instructions :
(i) All questions are compulsory unless otherwise specified.
(ii) Do not use short-forms for objective answers. It may be used in long answers, provided it is once introduced in the full form.
(iii) Numbers to the right indicate full marks for that question.
(iv) Make necessary assumptions wherever required and justify those assumptions.
1. What is meant by Mobile Banking ?
2. What do you mean by Days of Grace with reference to Bills of Exchange.
3. What is Compound Rate of interest ?
4. What procedure will you follow to obtain a Bank Locker ?
5. Distinguish between Front Office and Back Office.
6. State any two functions of Reserve Bank of India.
7. Distinguish between Authorised Capital and Paid up Capital.
8. What is meant by Core Banking ? What advantage is derived from it by bank customers ?
9. What is a Contract of Guarantee ? Why do banks give guarantees ? What benefit is derived by them ?
10. What is Clearing House ?
11. Explain the process of withdrawal of cash from a Bank ATM.
12. What precautions should be taken in Internet Banking ?
13. What is Base Rate ? Distinguish it from Bank Rate.
14. What is meant by E.M.I. ? How is it determined ? Explain.
15. What do you understand by Money at Call and Short Notice ? Where is it shown in a Banks’ Balance Sheet ?
16. What is a Bank Demand Draft ? How does it differ from a Cheque and Pay order ? Can a Demand Draft be drawn payable to a bearer ?
17. Explain the security measures adopted in a bank.
18. Distinguish between fixed and floating rate of interest. Explain the benefits and disadvantages of floating rate of interest. Under what circumstances should it be adopted ? Explain.
19. Give names of the heads under which investments are shown in a Bank’s Balance Sheet ? Which head accounts for the largest amount of investment and why ? Give reason.
20. Explain the meaning of C.R.R. and S.L.R. Who does determine these ? Why are these required to be maintained ?