CBSE Class-12 Question Papers for IOP/Comptt Examination 2017 : Bio-Technology
Time allowed : 3 hours
Maximum Marks : 70
General Instructions :
(i) All questions are compulsory.
(ii) There is no overall choice. However, an internal choice has been provided in questions of three marks and five marks each. You have to attempt only one of the choices in such questions. Question paper contains four sections A, B, C and D.
(iii) Questions number 1 to 6 are very short answer questions, carrying 1 mark each.
(iv) Questions number 7 to 14 are short answer questions, carrying 2 marks each.
(v) Questions number 15 to 25 are also short answer questions, carrying 3 marks each.
(vi) Questions number 26 to 28 are long answer questions, carrying 5 marks each.
(vii) Use of calculators is not permitted. However, you may use log tables, if necessary.
Section – A
1.For measuring microbial growth, viable plate count is preferred over absorbance of cell suspension in a spectrophotometer. Why ?
2.Can haploid plants be converted to diploid ? How ?
3. How does Herceptin work to treat early stage breast cancer ?
4. What is ‘contact inhibition’ ?
5. Among the biomolecules, proteins have maximum functional diversity. Why ?
6. c-DNA library contains information about expressed genes only. Justify giving reason.
Section – B
7. What problems make the downstream processing of recombinant proteins difficult and costly ?
8.What are the essential components of a microbial growth media ? Differentiate between synthetic and semi-synthetic medium used for microbial growth.
9.Why is foaming undesirable in microbiological processes ? Name two commonly used antifoams.
10. Suggest two examples of genetic modification for improving nutritional quality in cereals.
11. Enlist four defined steps of micropropagation in plants.
12. Differentiate between zygotic and somatic embryos.
13. Name any two databases commonly used in bioinformatics and the type of information available from each of these database.
14. Why proteome of a given species is larger than its genome ? Give two reasons.