CBSE Class-12 Question Papers for IOP/Comptt Examination 2017
All India Scheme, (Biology)
CBSE Class-12 Question Papers for IOP/Cmptt Examination : Biology (Set-1)
Time allowed : 3 hours
Maximum Marks : 70
SECTION – A
1. Name the condition in vertebrates where the body attacks self-cells.
2. Write the function of a Bioreactor.
3. A colour blind boy is born to a couple with a normal colour vision. Write the genotype of the parents.
4. Mention any two conditions that enhance the chances of syngamy in organisms exhibiting external fertilization.
5. Write the conclusion Griffith arrived at the end of his experiment with Streptococcus pneumonia.
SECTION – B
6. Plants like potato, sugarcane do not require seeds for producing new plants. How do they produce new plants ? Give two other examples where new plants are produced in the same way.
7. Explain the role played by predators in a community.
8. Name the first antibiotic discovered and by whom.
9. What happens when chromatids fail to segregate during cell division cycle ? Explain your answer with an example.
ABO blood groups is a good example of co-dominance. Justify.
10. What is the pathogenic property of baculovirus, used as a biological agents ? Namethe genus of these organisms.
SECTION – C
11.(a) What is an “allergic reaction” ?
(b) Name any two drugs used to quickly reduce the symptoms of allergy.
(c) Why do more and more children in metro cities of India suffer from allergies
and asthma ?