CBSE Class-12 Question Papers for IOP/Comptt Examination 2017 : All India Scheme,Garment Construction
Disclaimer: This website is not at associated with CBSE, For official website of CBSE visit - www.cbse.nic.in
CBSE Class-12 Question Papers for IOP/Comptt Examination 2017 :
All India Scheme, Garment Construction
GARMENT CONSTRUCTION – II
Time allowed : 2½ hours
Maximum Marks : 50
General Instructions :
(i) Attempt all sections.
(ii) Illustrate your answer wherever possible.
SECTION – A
State true or false. Attempt all questions.
1. Bundles are assembled in unit production system.
2. Kangaroo pocket is an example in-seam pocket.
3. Lock stitch can be used for precise stitching.
4. Serging machine stitches the fabric layers and finishes the raw edges in one operation.
5. Functional yoke in a garment is always cut double.
SECTION – B
Write very short answers
6. Give the difference between / fusing and bonding / welding.
7. What is the function of feed off arm sewing machine ?
What are work-aids ? Name any two work-aids used in garment construction.
8. Give the importance of cutting the garment on grai
9.Give the difference between bias binding and bias facing.
10.Which measurements are required for calculating fabric for a salwar ?
Which measurements are required for calculating fabric for a kurta for yourself.
SECTION - C
Write short answers in 50-75 words each.
11. What is underlining ? How is it different from lining and interlining ?
12. Define garment construction. List basic components of a garment.
Define Marker, Marker making and a Layout.
13. Give important characteristics of Chain stitch.
14. Give the difference between flat lock machine and safety over lock machine.
15. List various types of facings that can be used for finishing the neckline of a garment.
Classify Sleeves. Give one example of each class