Time allowed : 3 hours
Maximum Marks : 60
General Instructions :
(i) This question paper is divided into four sections.
(ii) Section A contains 9 questions carrying one mark each. Answer all these questions.
(iii) Section B contains 12 Short Answer Type Questions carrying two marks each. Answer any ten of these questions.
(iv) Section C contains 9 Short Answer Type Questions carrying three marks each. Answer any seven of these questions.
(v) Section D contains 4 Long Answer Type Questions carrying five marks each. Answer any two of these questions.
1.Products that are relatively inexpensive and are purchased frequently with minimal effort can be classified as ______ products :
(a) Shopping (b) Convenience
(c) Industrial (d) Specialty
2.A fundamental part of the distribution function is to get the product :
(a) To the right place at the right time
(b) Launched into new markets
(c) To intermediaries
(d) To market to avoid channel conflict
3.The ______ identifies the product or brand.
(a) Container (b) Label
(c) Advertisement (d) Warranty
4.Which one of the following activities refers to distribution of products ?
(a) Selling activities (b) Advertising activities
(c) Promotion activities (d) Place or distribution activities
5. _______ is the basic property of a service which makes it different from a product.
(a) colour (b) size
(c) expensive (d) intangibility
6. All of the following are the examples of unsought goods EXCEPT :
(a) Course books (b) Encyclopaedia
(c) Funeral plots (d) Insurance policy
7. When a company distributes its products through a channel of distribution that includes one or more resellers, this is known as ______ .
(a) indirect marketing (b) direct marketing
(c) multi-level marketing (d) integrated marketing
8. Which of the following is not one of the distinct characteristics of service ?
(a) Untouchability (b) Perishability
(c) Tangibility (d) Inseparability
9. This is the amount that the customer has to pay to receive a good or service :
(a) Price (b) Display price
(c) Discount price (d) Retail price
Section – B
Answer any ten questions from the following :
10. Distinguish between marketing and selling on any three basis.
11. What is meant by a retailer ?
12. State any two functions of labeling.
13. Explain briefly the role of Channels of distribution.
14. What is meant by product life cycle ?
15. State any two features of luxury products.
16. What is meant by product standardization ?
17. What is meant by sales discount and allowances ?