CBSE Class-12 Question Papers for IOP/Comptt Examination 2017 : Office Procedure And Practices
OFFICE PROCEDURE AND PRACTICES
Time allowed : 3 hours
Maximum Marks : 60
PART – I
1. What is meant by ‘resolution’ ?
2. State the consequences of non-availability of quorum for a meeting.
3. Give any two points of distinction between an ordinary letter and a registered letter.
4. State the advantages of sending a letter by Speed Post.
5. Give any two purposes for which a sorting table is used.
6. What is meant by vertical filing ?
7. Give the meaning of electronic communication.
8. State the purpose of writing letters of enquiry.
9. Give any two points of distinction between oral communication and written communication.
10. State any two uses of post office guide.
PART – II
Answer any Seven questions from this part.
11. Explain the advantages of office mechanization.
12. Describe the procedure of using telephone directory.
13. Explain the various types of indices.
14. What is meant by centralization of correspondence ? Distinguish between centralization and decentralization of office correspondence.
15. Explain the meaning, advantages and limitations of weeding out of old records.
16. Describe the factors that should be considered while selecting office machines.
17. Describe the structure of a business letter.
18. Prepare a notice for a meeting with the help of imaginary details.
19. Explain the requisites of a valid meeting.
PART – III
Answer any two questions from this part.
20. Describe the preparations to be made by a secretary for a meeting.
21. Explain the meaning and importance of office communication.
22. Give the steps in handling inward mail.